STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Takin' care of business

What a crazy week last week. I feel like I need to post today just to catch-up on unfinished business. This isn't going to be the most exciting post but there are things on my list that must be crossed off.

First, I want to thank everyone that has stopped by from SITS or wandered in from other blogs. Being a "Saucy Blog" was a real whirlwind for me and I'm looking forward to checking out all of the new faces. Last week was too hectic and I was too busy just keeping afloat but this week should be better in that regard.

Second, I've received some awards from bloggy friends and I'd like to post them here and say thanks.

I received this one from Andrea (Finding Fairytales) and my fellow Saucy Blognut (More Mindless Rambling):

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Blognut wrote that "she cracks me up", while Andrea referenced my fat ass. Thanks!

And this one was received from Ryan Ashley Scott (Optimistic Cynicism).

Thanks so much!

And please, everyone, if you haven't checked out these blogs, go do so. So many blogs out there deserve a lot more love than they're receiving so I want you to all make it your mission to seek them out. My methods (in addition to visiting new followers and commenters) include visiting the two bloggers who rollcall before me at SITS each day (plus the featured blog), even if only to say hello.

I'm trying to think if I missed anything... Last week was also crazy on a personal level which took up a lot o ftime. We won a zoning battle with the City on Monday. Joe had to travel mid-week. Thursday, I received good news from my doctor about some test results I've been sweating. This weekend we survived cold temps and frozen pipes.

Coming up, be sure to check out Muse Swing's Inauguration Tour tomorrow. I'll be participating, though I haven't decided exactly how yet. I also plan to write a few follow-up posts from the 9 Truths & 1 Lie extravaganza. Six Word Saturdays and Sunday Confessions, as always, and then SWYMM: Anesthesia Edition and Rabbit Hole Day on 1/27. So many exciting things ahead (including some new categories/games), stick around!

19 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Congrats on the reward you received. It´s always fun to be recognized, right?

Debbi said...

glad the tests from the Dr were positive. (or, uh, negative. whichever is the POSITIVE outcome). yah, you know what I meant.

Lyndsay said...

I've had the same kind of week. Plus, I swear people are going to stop giving me awards because I am totally delinquent at doing anything with them.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Thank you for the linky luuuv! Hope this week is less business, more fun for you!

Pamela said...

Hey--I'm so glad I discovered you through SITS. I'm happily returning!

Anonymous said...

Yes, saucy blog week is def nuts!

Congrats on the awards!

MuseSwings said...

Congratulations on your awards! Well deserved! I'm looking forward to tomorrow - can't wait to see what you will post! Thank you for mentioning the event.

Kim said...

Happy saucy blog!!! I'm glad I stopped by!

Unknown said...

Cate, I do not think your ass is REALLY fat...any girl who can pull off patent stiletto heels is freakin' awesome.

And a little junk in the trunk never hurt anyone...my boyfriend likes my squish;)

word verification: cablin

definition: the taxi company for goblins

The Wife O Riley said...

Congrats on your awards! Definitely well deserved!

Grand Pooba said...

Congrats on your new arrivals! Ha! That totally sounds like you just had twins! You didn't did you?

Call Me Cate said...

So many awesome folks to visit, I'm having a blast.

Also, I'm having some pinot and feelng a bit sappy. I LOVE YOUSE GUYS!!! No, really, the feedback I get from this blog every day makes me so happy. Even if you were to say "zomg, Cate, you're on crack!!!", I'd be happy just to know there are people out there.

And, I SO did not just have twins or any other sort of offspring. Yikes. The world's never going to be ready for that.

I'm totally deleting my comment in the morning when I'm sobered up and sitting home on a snow day because we are getting snow and I am NOT going to work tomorrow. (Power of positive thinking!!!) (Also, now I feel 8 for hoping for a snowday).

Nicole O'Dell said...

Congrats on your award and on being saucy!

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Congrats on all of the awards and on being Saucy! Just popping in from SITS, hope you had a great Monday!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Congrats on being saucy at SITS!

Wendy said...

i am the one that alwasy plays catch up from the weekend on monday, so I apologize for not getting this to you on your sits day, but congrats nontheless. happy late sits day!!!

Unknown said...

Hey hey! ;) Congrats on your Saucy week! :) And good job on the awards!

ChaChaneen said...

Just checking in to see if your Inauguration post was up yet. Well stop by for some scones and tea later when you need an afternoon break! My ChaCha security detail will keep me busy today so I'll check back in with you all tonight!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being "saucy"!