STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, January 16, 2009

9 Truths and 1 Lie

It's so cold outside (How cold is it?) that my brain can't seem to come up with a topic for today. So instead, I'll host my own version of 9 Truths & 1 Lie. All the cool kids are doing it so I shall allow myself to be a sheeple just this once.
  1. When I was 9, someone stole my pet rabbit.
  2. A month after I was born, my mother legally changed my name.
  3. I have a webcam set up in my home to spy on my cats when I'm away.
  4. I once sent Joe a text that I had been peed on at a Dave Matthews Band concert.
  5. We once left our cat in her cage at a hotel watching a movie while we drank ourselves silly at the restaurant next door.
  6. I've been taken to the hospital in an ambulance twice in my life.
  7. I am allergic to dogs, which is why I have two cats.
  8. My mother-in-law, an uber-religious woman, mailed me a t-shirt that read "I'm not a bitch, I'm a princess".
  9. While living in the college dorms, I had multiple encounters with the ghost of a dead student.
  10. I was once cast as "Christine" (the female lead) in a production of Phantom of the Opera.
A couple of these might be easy if you've been following along. I'll "confess" on Sunday. And tomorrow is Six Word Saturday so after struggling for a topic today, I'm all set now through Tuesday!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna go with either the "allergic to dogs" one or #10.

Okay, no pressure, I pick #10.

And btw, why does everybody else sound waaaay more interesting than me? Bastards.

Word verification: tashive

Definition: what it sounds like when someone is trying to say "five" and sneezes @ the same time.

P.S. Thank you to Debbi at "Daisy Halos" for this idea. What a hoot.

Sarah said...

Oh, wow. You and I have at least SEVEN things in common. Or possibly six. Depending on your lie. In which case, I'm totally lying about that one, too.

Debbi said...

Yay Andrea for playing.

I'm gonna pick #3. Maybe. Or else the college ghost one.

WV: pinthro
A man with a lisp's car

Annelie said...

Awesome list Cate!
I really hope that you're not allergic to dogs, because dogs are so awesome, however, I'm going with the ghost.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I'm guessing you are not actually allergic to dogs, but prefer cats because they don't drool. Or irritate the neighbors. Or have to be walked when it's frickin cold outside. (for all you dog lovers, don't get your panties twisted - it just seems like an awful lot of work)

Juliet Colors said...

I hope #3 is true, because that's hilarious. I've thought about doing that with my cats, but figure it would be a waste of time given how they like to rest up during the day so they can keep me up at night.

I'll vote for #9, since I don't believe in ghosts (only naughty kitties).

Great list!

***

Word verification: iddia

Definition: a plethora of idiots

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

What a fun idea, love the list!

I'm going with the ghost as your lie? Or maybe the t-shirt from your MIL? {{giggles}}

Lyndsay said...

I'm going with peed on at a Dave Matthews concert. Puked on? Maybe. Burned with a cigarette? Maybe. Spilled bong water on you? Maybe. Peed on ... just not so sure.

BTW, cold is about -6 degrees today.

Call Me Cate said...

Very interesting... I especially enjoy reading your reasonings.

E. Sloane Cannon said...

I think you are not allergic to dogs....that's the lie.

Rachel Cotterill said...

I'm going with the ghost... I'm just not sure how much/what kind of interaction you'd have to have with a ghost to find out that it was a student.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

You can't come up with a topic, so you come up with NINE???? These are all potential blog posts, silly!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Oh yeah, and congrats on being saucy this week, SITStah!

Deb said...

i'll bite and say #6. you probably HAVE been in an ambulance, but either just once or more than twice. i am not sure what this says about you, but i picked this because it was the most normal one of the lot and, therefore, the least likely to be true!! lol

The Wife O Riley said...

Those are good!

I definitely believe #4.

So, I pick #3.

Its Me(SARA) Behind the Camera said...

Came from SITS,

I love your topic!

My mother-in-law, an uber-religious woman, mailed me a t-shirt that read "I'm not a bitch, I'm a princess"

Is my guess! :)

Preston said...

I have never read your blog so I am just gonna go with the one that probably is wrong but anyway I say #9 because I do not believe in ghosts. Congrats on being Saucy!

Laurel said...

Now this is an awesome list. I think the mother in law tshirt might be the lie ... but then again!

Grand Pooba said...

You are so fun! I am going to call you a liar now, hope you don't mind, nothing personal!

I say that you lied about having 2 cats because you are alergic to dogs.

You know why? It seems the most normal out of the ten so I hope after this one indiscretion, you won't lie to me ever again!

-Peace & much love!
Kelly (Pooba)

blognut said...

I say it's #3, but what do I know? I like this post - I may have to steal this idea because my creative well is dry today.

word verification is steracra: the bacteria commonly found growing in the coffee mug left by the computer day after day.