STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cat barf: a follow-up of truth

Here's a follow-up to the 9 Truths & 1 Lie post from last Friday. The original true statement was:

I once sent Joe a text that I had been peed on at a Dave Matthews Band concert.

Rather than write up the whole story (because I'm lazy I don't want to it's more entertaining this way), I present to you a conversation with SomeMonkey.
SomeMonkey: what are you doing?
me: rewashing laundry
they were already washed once but on the floor in a pile (where i sorted them)
when I just picked them up, a yucky (not sure if you've eaten recently) fell out of them and so now they are back in the wash
SomeMonkey: uh... a cat contribution?
me: yes
SomeMonkey: okay, I was concerned
me: it fell on my foot
I washed my foot, THEN the laundry
SomeMonkey: lol
me: haha, I should text Joe that i got barfed on
last week, we got free tix to the Dave Matthews Band concert
these tix included backstage passes, which included free food/drink
SomeMonkey: how'd you score them?
me: his work got them from a client
we somehow missed the food (it was gone already)
so I had two beers and a vodka/cranberry for dinner
I was drunk fast, empty stomach and all
I went out to the ladies room and somehow dropped my shorts on the floor, in a pee puddle
SomeMonkey: ew
me: so I txt'd Joe that I got peed on
and he replies "?"
me: "on da floor"
him: "wth?"
me: "i got peed on on da floor"
him: "why r u on the floor? where r u?"
me: "ladies"
him: "u sure?"
it was an awesome exchange, reading it back sober the next morning
guess he thought someone actually peed ON me and he was trying to figure out how that happened in the women's bathroom
so if I txt him now that I got barfed on... full of win
And there you have it. The true story of how I totally sent Joe a text that I'd been peed on.

14 comments:

Sarah said...

"u sure?" is the best part! as in, you got peed on, got it. but are you positive it was in the women's room?

Unknown said...

Strange, but the cat barf was not as gross as the pee puddle. Icky.

word verification: ovufa

definition: a new drug to stop ovulation.

Mary Anna said...

Too funny! I sent a text once to my girlfriend M - so I thought. Apparently I sent it to the person before her in my contacts - he called totally confused! Gotta love drunk texting.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Ahahaha! That totally makes me glad I only sat in pee a little bit. Ga-ross! Funny story here.

Anonymous said...

Dropping by from sits. Funny story! Gross but funny gross.

Jade Bordeaux said...

OMG!!! I laughed soooo hard at this.My boss knew I wasn't in Excell and walked over. Too Funny! It would be a little bit harder to get pee'd on in the ladies room than the mens.LOL

Call Me Cate said...

Guess it is kinda gross. Maybe I should've included a warning? Sorry...

RebeccaMom said...

The things that happen at concerts! whew!
congrats on being saucy SITSta!

Deb said...

oh that's too funny. and not too gross. HUMAN puke is gross, cat puke is not.

human pee isn't so bad, either. cat pee? ick!

Anonymous said...

drunk texter! LOL great story!

Rachel said...

YAY on your SITS shout out. you are a quirky bloggy buddy and I heart you for it! Congrats!

Crystal Rae said...

That was Way FUNNY!

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

That... is hysterical!

Hey congrats on being featured this week on SITS!

Lyndsay said...

Cate - Eww! Eww! Eww! For me, that would have been quite a debacle, since I am not sure I could have put those clothes back on.

A friend of mine dropped her work pager IN the toilet a DMB concert and had to fish it out with her hand. I still shudder thinking about it.