STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Where'd the NaBloPoMo Go?

Other than skipping an occasional Sunday, I was doing okay with my NaBloPoMo of Gratitude. Until this week.

Remember how on Monday, I posted about my Wonderful Weekend? I believe my exact words were "I'm ready to tackle this week and it's going to be a great week. Or else I'll punch it in the face."

The universe decided to play a bit of a trick on me. If you follow me on Twitter, you already know what happened. The very abbreviated version for the rest of you? Joe woke me up in the very early hours of Tuesday so that we could go to the emergency room and eventually have his appendix removed. He came home Wednesday and life had been lived in 4-hour increments between pain med doses ever since.

Still, this post is not to say that I ran out of gratitude. No, I simply ran out of time to blog about it. I'm not sure I've ever felt more grateful. He listened to his body and the doctor caught the appendicitis early. Surgery was performed successfully, nurses kept him very comfortable, and I brought him home the next day. Sure, I'm tired and achy from caring for him. And I couldn't be happier about it.

And so I think I'm concluding my NaBloPoMo, which turned into more of a NaBloPoSo(metimes). Back next week with "regular" content. I hope. After this past Monday's post, I'm not making such bold declarations any more.

10 comments:

JosephAlsarraf said...

I don't come here often accept on Saturday's so, I didn't know about the surgery. I'm glad he knew about his appendix and got it removed before it got worse. : )

C. Beth said...

I'm so glad that Joe is doing better. And NaBloPoMo has got to be lower priority than family! You're doing the most important thing right now.

AubrieAnne said...

SOunds like my Nanowrimo! I threw in the towel just the other day. But I will still be working on my novel :)

AubrieAnne
http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/

betty said...

I think you tried to do the best you could with it, but "life" got in the way; glad you decided to do life and take care of Joe rather than feel you had to keep going on with NaBloPoMo.

Hope Joe makes the most speediest of recoveries!

betty

Ron. said...

The Universe is cruel. Best wishes during your travail.

Unknown said...

I often call that 'Murphy' and I stopped trying to have regular life as 'Murphy' moved in many moons ago. Glad you caught the appendix in time...otherwise you would be writing about something much much sadder :(

Bruno Laliberté said...

If you want to stick it to Life, you better walk silent and carry a nasty big stick...

Hoping he's now recovering nicely, and consequently, you as well!!
:)~
HUGZ

soulbrush said...

OMG it must have been so hard for you, hope it will go better for you both now!

Toriz said...

I'm glad he listened to his body and was home quickly as a result!

Anonymous said...

So glad he's okay! My son had his appendix out. Scary time.