STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Proof He's Human

My husband... He's many things. Brilliant. Driven. Compassionate. Financial Wizard. Master Spider Killer and Mouse Whisperer.

So I'm grateful today for that occasional reminder that he's also human.
Joe: I can't find my belt anywhere! I can't go to work without a belt!
me: Where did you have it last?
Joe: I wore it yesterday!
me: Okay, where are the pants you wore yesterday?
Joe: I have no idea! I can't find them anywhere! I can't go to work without a belt!
me: Do you remember where you took those pants off last night?
Joe: No! I've looked everywhere! I even looked in my gym bag from yesterday!
me: Well, do you have an emergency back-up belt you can wear?
Joe: No! I need my belt! I can't go to work without a belt!
This whole time, we are both tearing the house apart, looking for his pants in even the most unlikely of places. Like the laundry basket. And the washing machine.
me: Found them!
Joe: Where were they?
me: Under the gym bag you looked through twice.
Joe: But I looked in that bag!
me: UNDER the bag. You need to move things!!!
Joe: Oh.
me: I should maybe whip you with this belt so you'll keep better track of it next time.
Joe: That's not funny.Give me my belt - I'm late for work.

Ah, yes. The other many things that my husband is - Human. Abuser of Exclamation Points. Addicted to Belts.

No wonder I love him.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Reminds me of another husband I know that looks in one or two places before declaring he cannot find what he is looking for "anywhere." Men!

betty said...

LOL! I like your description of him as mouse whisperer; I'm thinking computer mouse? Glad you were instrumental in helping him find the belt so he could go to work! I'm thinking a back up belt for emergencies like this might make a good Christmas gift?

betty

Toriz said...

I'm glad he turrned out to be human; I was worried he could be some kind of alien, or perhaps some kind of artificial lifeform.

C. Beth said...

This is actually a really sweet post. :) Your love for Joe really comes through, even if it is a post about a belt!

Unknown said...

Laughing out loud at this post - not good when I'm sitting in the middle of my office, but oh well.

I live with several males who are very 'human'

Patricia said...

This is fabulously funny!! Oh, so perfect!

John said...

I, um, may have done the same belt thing this morning . . . it was under the pants that I took off & put on a chair . . . somehow, I didn't wake my wife in my mini freakout.

soulbrush said...

Some men would enjoy being whipped with a belt...LOL. Just saying....
He spounds like a keeper to me!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Lol! That's annoying when that happens. : )