STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Six Word Saturday

Unpopular? Leaf blowers should be illegal

Just a random autumn thought.


Want to play along? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does with their entries.

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit.  Or I visit everyone. Or even numbered entries. Or odd numbered entries. Or multiples of three. Depends on what's going on that week.  In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).




24 comments:

Jim said...

Oh but Cate, then we would miss their sweet humming sounds.
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Hmmmm!
Happy 6WS!
..

totsymae said...

Never been this early before. Cool.

betty said...

What about snowblowers, same concept? Sure saves a little bit of time :)

betty

Sharon said...

Guilty! Although I do make sure we don't use it early in the morning. Actually , we don't blow our leaves...but suck them up into a bag. Does that make it ok? ;o)

Hope you have a great Saturday!

Melissa B. said...

I do believe I concur wholeheartedly!

Kathe W. said...

Absolutively! I grit my teeth when the "roar of suburbia" begins. Use a rake please!
These annoying machines are right up there with snow obiles and ski-doos.....argh.

Anonymous said...

Noise pollution, extremely stressful to the system. Anything to keep us on edge.

Debbie said...

They may be noisy but they sure are helpful.

Unknown said...

Yeah.... whatever happened to a good old fashioned rake?
BTW - hows NaNoWriMo going?

Rachel said...

Only early in the morning! My neighbor likes to crank his up around 7am.

21 Wits said...

I So COMPleTely Agree! That sound drives me crazy!....and when you live in close areas they blow the leaves either in the street or other such places you shouldn't, right! I mean do they think they vanish in thin air?! LOL

I Am Not Superwoman said...

Agree, especially when used early in the morning. Have a great weekend!

My Mercurial Nature said...

Or else they need a limit on time/day that they can be used! Ugh!!

JosephAlsarraf said...

I don't not like the noise but, they make pick up the leaves easier. I always get annoyed when they blow the leaves into the cat's water bowl. : )

Katie said...

I agree, raking makes for a better pile of leaves to jump into!

Jess said...

I'm not that sure what a leaf blower is!Does it suck leaves up?Wouldnt that be a leaf sucker tho? :-)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Leaf blowers are completely unnecessary and completely annoying! The job may take longer with a rake, but raking means less pollution--both noise and air--for our fragile planet.

Amy said...

The lack of neighborly noises is one of the only reasons I love living way out in the middle of nowhere! :)

Amy

Sarah K. (The Mama Pirate) said...

I don't understand the point of leaf blowers. Mother Nature just blows the leaves back!

Maude Lynn said...

Especially in the morning!

Stephanie said...

Ugh! Hate leaf blowers. Unless they want to come do my yard...in which case I love them. :-)

Bruno Laliberté said...

OMG, OMG, OMG!!
Me and my friends hate those so much!! Do you want to be president of our club?

What's wrong with using a rake?
A good exercise, fresh air, and kids love to play in those piles. One of my friends has a neighbor who takes out his, his blower, that is, everytime he sees a single leaf... and there are many trees around his house...

She's currently plotting his demise...
;)~
HUGZ

Toriz said...

I agree; rakes do well enough!

Jess said...

Hi Cate,thanks for commenting on my last 6WS,I had some great comments about how people dry their washing,as a real washer woman I found it really interesting!