STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Random Llamas

When we set off for our weekend of awesomeness, I had a few ideas what we might do. I knew we were going to a concert. I envisioned a little sight-seeing, some wine-tasting, some amazing food.

In my wildest dreams, I was not expecting llamas.

And yet, there they were. Llamas at one of the wineries we visited. We watched them run around all crazy like llamas do. One of them looked like he had dreadlocks. A couple were saddled up for a trail excursion.

Sometimes life hands you lemons, and sometimes life hands you llamas.

I'm grateful for the ability to be occasionally silly with my often-too-serious husband and to find joy and fun in random things.

Like llamas.

P.S. Llamas is just a funny word. The more I type it, the more I giggle. Try saying it out loud without smiling. Llamas. Bwahahaha!

8 comments:

Toriz said...

My brother and I have a couple of words we just find funny... Llamas is one of them. How can you not laugh about llamas?

*Repeats the word "llama" over and over again while giggling insanely*

betty said...

I like the sounds of words, so llamas is a cool one to say aloud!! It is kind of funny to see them out and about like this; I always equate them for some reason with third world countries or zoos.

betty

21 Wits said...

Oh that's always so much fun, those unexpected little detours in life! This little cutie may need to brush a bit more though, don't you think?

Kimmy said...

How fun!! I love llamas....and wineries!

John said...

I can't see the word "llama" without seeing the Scandinavian subtitles to Monty Python & the Holy Grail (which, as you know, was directed by 40 well-trained Ecuadorian mountain llamas).

But, a llama once spit at me . . . I prefer moose.

Unknown said...

I love the word llama. My favorite books to read to my son are the llama llama books. Such cute pictures!

Slightly related to llamas, someday if I am lucky enough to have the money and land I would love to have an alpaca farm. They look like mini llamas.

JosephAlsarraf said...

Ya, that's true. Lol! : )

Ron. said...

llama llama bo bama
banana fanna fo fama
fee fie mo mama
llama