STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

My Own Bed

Today, I am grateful for sleeping in my own bed.

While we were away the past few days, we stayed with friends. Their guest bed is very firm. The pillow wasn't quite pillow-y enough. The blankets were warm enough but still not quite right. You know how it is - it may be the nicest bed in the world but it's just not yours.

Last night, I slid under the blankets of my own bed and it felt like home. My down comforter immediately started to warm my body. The familiar weight of my sheets and blankets made me feel safe and relaxed. My pillow was exactly right under my head - supportive of my neck but still soft. Our two cats would never admit they missed us yet they both curled up by our feet last night, adding an extra layer of warmth and a comforting hum of purring. I felt very Goldilocks about it all - this bed was just right.

This afternoon, I found myself feeling sleepy again and indulged in a nap with Tonya and Rusty. Best treat ever.

And now, nap completed, I'm grateful for a clear mind with which to blog and start (finally) my NaNoWriMo commitment.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This post makes me long for my bed and my two fur babies snuggles. Your own bed is always the best one.

Toriz said...

Proper pillowy pillows, the right blanket, and a couple of cats... Yes, that would make for the best bed in the world. And knowing it's yours... Well, that just makes it better. Naps in content comfort like that rock! :)

betty said...

There is no place like home indeed!! Something always to be grateful for, a nice warm bed we are comfortable with!

betty

C. Beth said...

Oh yes, I LOVE my bed and pillow and it's so glad to get back to it when we've been gone!!

Lifeofkaylen said...

I LOOOOOVE my bed!! The best part of vacation is sometimes coming home to my kitties and my bed. I actually change my sheets before I leave so that when I get home, I'm welcomed with fresh clean sheets. LOVE it!

Stephanie said...

We move around a lot, and even though the houses are always furnished, we always move our own mattress with us. It's what makes a house a home.