STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

NaBloPoMo of Gratitude

Last year at this time, I was busy (REALLY busy) with my graduate classes around this time. There was no way I could handle NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). This year, I am doing NaNoWriMo but I've also decided to bring back the NaBloPoMo of Gratitude.

What's it mean?

For the next 30 days, I will post something I am grateful for every day. That's 30 days of expressing thankfulness about something happening in my life. In addition, there will some other posts about some other things. Maybe. We'll see what happens.

November is going to be a very busy month and I wondered if it was a good idea to commit to 30 days of posts here with everything else going on. The truth is that the more craziness happening, the more I need to take a moment to reflect on the good things going on in my life.

This post is very late because we were traveling this weekend. We've spent the last five days back "home" - this means parents, in-laws, bitter grammas, BILs with other priorities, small children, snow, teeny tiny planes. And while there may be a longer post on that later, overall I'm grateful for a safe trip with not too much attitude.

More thankfulness to come. Hope you can handle all the warm fuzzies that are going to be happening up in here.

7 comments:

C. Beth said...

It sounds like it went really well, all things considered! :)

AubrieAnne said...

I have joined NaNoWriMo this year as well!!! It's my first time and I am posting my progress on my blog. Are you posting your progress anywhere? We should keep in touch as we are writing!

AubrieAnne
http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/2011/11/nano-day-1-of-30-strangers-in-dark.html

betty said...

I think its neat to do 30 days of gratitude like this! Glad you got back safe and soundly from your trip and it seemed like it went okay....

betty

AubrieAnne said...

Do you have a profile on NaNoWriMo yet? We can become buddies on it. I'm posting the link to my profile on my blog.

http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

What a great idea!

Toriz said...

I love warm fuzzies!

vivinfrance said...

What a great idea. I may copy you. Focussing on the good stuff has to be a way of growing our store of contentment.