STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Six Word Saturday

Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does each week with their entries.

This old dog tries new tricks

I'm going back to school - it's an online certificate program. I'm both excited and nervous but mostly, I hope I can handle it! It's been awhile...

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit. That way, everyone has equal chance. In addition, please visit at least one person ahead of you on the list. That way everyone receives at least one visit!

All that's necessary to participate is to post your own six words. You can post an explanation if you wish but it's certainly not required. If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



35 comments:

Caroline said...

Wishing you lots of luck. A friend of mine is going back to school right now too. Sometimes I feel like I should. I bet you'll do great. Keeping you in my prayers.
Caroline

John (@bookdreamer) said...

Good luck. It'll be fun

Lola said...

Happy 6WS!

XOXO LOL:)

soulbrush said...

yahooooo there is nothing as exciting as achieving something cerebral (says the teach!) well done you and go girl go. i am rotting for you all the way!

Missy | Literal Mom said...

I've thought about that for awhile, but keep having to backburner it. There will come a time when I've waited too long, I'm afraid!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

It's so exciting! You'll be great - and online is the way to go (says my husband, who has taken most of his classes online). Lots and lots and lots of fabulous wishes your way for this new adventure.

amanda said...

You're never too old a dog to go back to school...at least that's my philosophy. Good luck!

Marisa @ Getting Back To Basics said...

Good for you...I'm 53 and I still think sometime I would like to go back to school...the problem is I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up!

Jeanie said...

That is excellent. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

cat said...

Good luck - it is great for the mind to expand the boundaries.

Toriz said...

That's great! Good luck to you!

Dianne said...

I'm enrolling in some computer classes soon, my skills are rusty

good luck
I hope you share with us how it's going
I'm a bit nervous too :)

Caroline said...

Good luck :)

Happy 6WS!

CiCi said...

Great decision. It will be a challenge and you will benefit more than you can imagine right now.

Kathy said...

Best wishes with your new endeavor. I loved your mouse posts! We all have those moments...and I have way more cats than you do! LOL

Betty W said...

What is the program you´re going to be studying? Sounds exciting!

Joy said...

I say you can't teach a TIRED dog new tricks. An old dog has the advantage of wisdom and learns new tricks every day, as you're about to discover. Sounds exciting. Beginning soon?

Wrote my 6-Word Sat post in the very early hours of the am; I see you were up much later. I was one very tired dog. A good night's sleep has reset brain; off to a swim & the theater.

Linda said...

Good for you Cate! I am afraid this "Old Dog" is not as ambitious these days! Hope all goes well for you.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Sharon said...

Good luck with your classes! You are never too old to learn and online classes are great! I'm taking a quick course in JavaScript online right now.

Happy 6WS.

~Leslie said...

Good for you!!

Ebony said...

How cool is that! Best of wishes. I'm sure you will do great. :)

Tiffany said...

Thats great that your going back and I'm sure you'll do just fine. I'm in the same boat and it's certainly not easy to get your mind into the learning mode but it can be done. Good luck!!

Caty said...

Good luck with your online program...great way to step outside the comfort zone...

TMC said...

Yay!

Kimmy said...

I have an old does that does tricks...lol!!

Whoops....I made a boo boo. I forgot the first letter of my name on #41. Can you delete that one...lol! Thanks!

Juniper Saltus said...

Good luck on going back to school! That is awesome!

Happy 6WS! Have a great weekend!

Pamela said...

Happy Saturday!!

C. Beth said...

That is so exciting! Proud of you and looking forward to hearing more.

Margaret Ann said...

Learning new things is contagious...once you start you can't stop...A great adventure lies ahead of you...Grab it with gusto! :)

Lora said...

happy saturday!
:)
i've been absent for awhile, hopefully back on track now!

Olivia said...

I visited the first 50! Whew! Happy 6WS everybody!

I'm Grace said...

Happy 6WS!

Jazzbumpa said...

Me too - except I'm playing Farmville!

My new trick. No school involved.

Cheers!
JzB

Sassy Britches said...

Well done, you! I wish you nothing but the best on your new adventure~

Sassy Britches said...

Well done, you! I wish you nothing but the best on your new adventure~