STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today, we celebrate the birthday of one of my childhood heroes.

Mr. T.

Seriously, I adored The A-Team as a kid. It was a show I watched with my dad (along with other goodies like Mission: Impossible, MacGyver, Dukes of Hazzard and MASH). The A-Team may have been my favorite though.

He's actually a really interesting man, if you take time to read his background.

So, because my mind is completely otherwise blank, let's wish Mr. T a happy birthday today. In his honor, I share this haiku (which I did not write):

Festooned in gold chains,
Mr. T rains down whoop-ass.
I pity the foo.

11 comments:

CiCi said...

Great haiku (for whoever did write it) and yes I think Mr T is an interesting man.

blognut said...

The best part about him is that he was all into the bling even before bling was cool!

Unknown said...

I pity the foo in the new A-Team movie that is playing Mr. T's character. Those are some big shoes to fill.

soulbrush said...

hey snap, i absolutely adored mr t, he was the only reason i watched that show and my kids loved him too. happy boifday mr t!

Toriz said...

Happy birthday, Mr T

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

I watched all those same shows, although I admit MacGyver was my personal fave!

Caty said...

You know they're coming out with a movie, the A-team? It looks action packed and funny...wonder if it'll be any good?

Joanie said...

Happy Birthday, Mr T!

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

It's also Hubby's birthday today! He didn't know he shares the day with Mr. T.

C. Beth said...

The haiku is awesome.

studio lolo said...

Thank you for the much needed laugh!! :D :D

Today is the 25th anniversary of my mother's death as well as my favorite niece's 38th birthday.

Mr T takes the cake!