STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Entertainment Awards

Award time. This time, I'm focusing on a couple of recent time-fillers. As always, feel free to hand out your own awards in the comments (be gentle in regards to possible spoilers for people who may not be as caught-up as you are, please).

Dear Tabitha King,

Just because your husband can write doesn't mean you can as well.

That book sucked,


P.S.Tell your husband Stephen that I don't really think he's a great writer either. Just a good storyteller. It's nothing to be ashamed of, just, there's a difference.

Dear 24,

You don't need a movie - the series finale ended very strongly! You had just enough warning of your cancellation that you were able to tie things up on a very complete note. There weren't a lot of loose ends and it was emotionally satisfying for your fans.

After eight seasons, it's clear that Jack Bauer is always going to be a badass and he's always going to be on the run from somebody. Because of this, his family is always going to be in danger. Until Jack dies or his family dies, this isn't going to change regardless of how many seasons and movies you create.

Dammit, Chloe,


P.S. I'm serious - look what happened to this season of Scrubs!

5 comments:

Toriz said...

Good choices! ;)

C. Beth said...

Wait, is 24 going to make a movie? You're right, it was actually a great series finale. I'm afraid a movie would just mess it up....

Juniper Saltus said...

I have never read anything by Tabitha King and I don't watch 24, but stil Yay for getting Punch in the Face awards. I love these posts!

Joanie said...

Punch in the ace Award! I love it!!!

amanda @ Rambling of an Empty Mind said...

Your Stephen King comment cracked me up...I don't really like his writing.
As for 24, I got nothing...never did get into the show.