STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Smart

Last night, I picked up my spiffy new glasses. I think I'm in love. So after dinner, I asked Joe what he thought of them.
Joe: I like them.
me: Do you think they make me look smarter?
Joe: Totally!
me: HUSBAND FAIL!!!
Yeah, so what if it was a trap with no safe answer? We've been married for a million almost a dozen years, he should know better.

P.S. But I guess he doesn't really fail because he got out of bed early yesterday morning and put gas in my car for me so I wouldn't be late to work. So I have to give credit where credit is due.

P.P.S. Credit is totally NOT due regarding my "smart" glasses.

10 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

Hey! They look great on you!

Jeanie said...

From where I sit, I'd say they make you look hot.

Eternal Lizdom said...

I wanna see the new glasses!

Yeah, you did set him up.

But, yeah, he's totally a keeper if he fills your tank!

Joanie said...

Poor guy didn't stand a chance. Points for filling your gas tank though!

Unknown said...

Poor Joe, taking one of the hubby team. They just don't get it.

You should post some before and after pictures so all of your readers can send you compliments about how amazing you are, and how you have always radiated smartness. (Smartness is really a word...I looked it up.)

CiCi said...

Yeah but you set him up with the do they make me look smarter question. Kinda not fair. I think he did a great job with the answer.

Toriz said...

When I back my hubby in to a question like that, he's taken to saying something along the lines of, "I'm not going there... No matter what answer I give it will be wrong, so I'm not even ggoing to answer that one." Of course, then he gets it for not answering me properly. But you have to give him credit for trying. ;)

C. Beth said...

Okay, I'm going to admit I don't entirely get why this was a set up...?

Would it have helped if he'd said, "They make you look smarter AND more beautiful"?

mo.stoneskin said...

That is basically the same trick as the "Good luck" line in The Great Escape. It is despicable. What you did I mean, I'm not talking about the German. I get trapped all the time.

"What do you think of this dress?"

*glance, yawn*

"You look lovely."

*a couple of minutes pass*

"But don't you think this one looks better?"

"Um, yeah, I reckon so, it, um, fits your figure better."

"What? How so?"

*chews on foot for a moment*

"Um, well, it, um, err..."

Always a trap, always a trap. Why do you like trapping us so much?!

Caty said...

AWW...he filled your tank. That almost makes up for the other "fail". almost?