STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Pre-Coffee

The list of tasks I should not perform before coffee is growing ridiculously long.
  • tweet
  • edit webpages
  • send email
  • answer the phone
  • write blog posts
  • comment on blog posts
  • interact with humans
  • place my lunch in the work fridge
Wait, what? What's up with that last one?

Friday morning, I grabbed my lunch out of my bag (a frozen dinner and a shredded mozzarella stick) and started to head for the work refrigerator in our break area. At the time, my boss and three (male) coworkers were there, grabbing their morning coffee.

I was halfway down the hall before I realized that that was NOT a shredded mozzarella stick I was carrying on top of my frozen lunch. It was a tampon.

I'm all for feminine hygiene products being discreet but I really shouldn't be able to confuse them with a cheese stick! What moron (was it a dude?) decided light yellow was an appropriate color for the cover of such a thing?

Lucky for me, I caught my error in time to go back to my desk and correct the situation. But can you just imagine, ladies, sitting at your desk when your coworker opens the work fridge to grab his lunch and there's a tampon in there? I'm the only chick in the office so it's not like I can dodge the blame.

Now, someone get me some coffee.

11 comments:

C. Beth said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO funny.

Caty said...

LOL! I'm glad you realized your error before it was too late, but that is pretty funny =)

fredamans said...

LOL

Sorry I know at your expense too, but I almost fell off the chair when I read the tampon part. Good thing you realized or it would have been real embarrassing quick!

Toriz said...

That was a pottentially very embarrassing situation. I'm glad you realized in time to go back and correct the situation.

Maybe you should get a bag with seporate compartments, then you can make sure the night before that the tampons and cheese sticks aren't in the same section of the bag. Put the cheese stick in with the other food, and "in theory" even coffee-free Cate can figure out which one is the right stick shaped item to put in the fridge.

mo.stoneskin said...

Um, what, um, *shudder* happened to the real cheese stick?!

Unknown said...

I just got some really strange looks here at work because I am laughing so hard there are tears in my eyes. Sounds like something I might do.

Rochelle said...

I've had to add this to my list of what NOT to do while drinking coffee: Read Show My Face (unless I want coffee all over my laptop). Too too funny!

blognut said...

I'm just sorry that we aren't going to get a blog post about you having to use a tampon that had been in the refrigerator all day. That? Would have been priceless.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Ha - that is hilarious! Even better would have been if they had tried to start a conversation with you in the doorway to the kitchen and you didn't realize you were holding a tampon on top of your lunch on your way to the fridge...

Katherine said...

That was too funny! Need to add more coffee

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

LOL!