STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Two Birds, One Stone

For the record, no birds were harmed in the making of this post. It's just a phrase. Go away, PETA!

Friday morning, I was looking at my to-do list and among other things, it included "Advertising Class Message Board Assignment" and "Write Sunday's SMF Post". I was a bit stumped on both so I decided to combine them.

I went to my old pal, Twitter, and asked:
Okay, help me out bc my mind is blank. I need a non-automotive ex of brand w high quality (reliability, best in class, superior performance)

Your reward? All the cat hair you can eat. Or a quick promo on my blog on Sunday.

Yes, you're doing my homework, btw. So I need to be able to effectively explain your brand choice to the prof in order to use it.
The first response was from @mstacer who suggested Cuisinart. I did a little digging and while my heart belongs to my Kitchenaid stand mixer, I found that Cuisinart was in fact using quality to differentiate themselves from Kitchenaid (by a direct side-by-side comparison). Since it doesn't get anymore applicable to my assignment than that, she wins!

And I win, because my assignment was completed and now I have a blog post for today!

You can read about Melinda's adventures with adorable son Ian, ants, and the ROAR-Mobile (seriously, go read that one) on her blog, The Days Like This.

Honorable mention for participation goes to:

Keep an eye out on Twitter, folks. I'm sure I'll need more homework help before classes are finished!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the promo. I am glad that I could be of help. Funny thing is that the only reason I suggest Cuisinart was because I am coveting the Griddler.

Toriz said...

That's one way to get it done. LOL!

C. Beth said...

Hip hip hooray, Melinda! Sounds like a good example to use. Hope the paper goes well!

Jeanie said...

You get an "A" for creativity.