STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What Do YOU Order Online?

Amazon Prime is a dangerous thing. Free two-day shipping at the click of a button? Credit card stored for easy access? I think I'm in love!

However, it's always interesting to go back through my recent purchases and try to figure out what they say about me. In the past six months, I have bought:
  • textbooks
  • a toddler toy
  • tampons
  • feline flea/tick meds
  • snow shovel
  • gym shorts
  • 2.5 gallon jar in the shape of a barrel
  • lighted dental pick and mirror
  • mints

This on top of an assortment of other books, cds, and dvds. And I wonder - are these normal things to buy or not?

For a long time, I ordered packets of tuna online and that seemed a bizarre choice to friends. However, it made perfect sense to me - it was cheaper than I could find it in stores and I didn't have to worry about them not having my favorite flavor.

The snow shovel? You try living in an area that rarely sees snow and only stocks 5 snow shovels per store. While everyone else was flipping out, fighting over shovels, we ordered ours from Amazon.

Some of my purchases are out of laziness, I admit. Tampons? Yeah, I didn't see where a stop at the store was going to fit into my schedule the next few days so I ordered a pack of like 9361 tampons online. Delivered free of charge to my door. Nice.

And some of the items were gifts. Obviously, (it is obvious, right?) I didn't order the toddler toy for me. That was for the nephew, shipped for free straight to his home in NY. Total BOOYAH. The barrel jar was also a gift, for Joe. That one will be coming up in a future post, actually, so I don't want to spoil the fun.

What are some of the oddest things you've ordered online? I'm sure I've probably bought things more bizarre than the ones I've listed here but I think that's a decent list of oddities for just six months. Inspire me!

15 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Funny - I literally just ordered some Croc flip flops before I checked my Google reader & saw this... I LOVE shopping online!

I order clothes, shoes, books, home supplies, sport equipment, medical stuff... you can get ANYTHING online - right to your door!

Unknown said...

We live in a town surrounded by corn fields, so we pretty much buy everything online because we don't have much selection in these parts. Since we do get so many things delivered to us it is hard to decide what is the weirdest thing. Probably the TV would be the weirdest. Chris got it from newegg.com because it was the cheapest place at the time.

Adoption of Jane said...

I make my own tennis shoes online. Okay not really make but design. I love the Rasta colors Red Gold & Green so I have a pair of Converse I was able to design and put my name on. Also I have a pair of Nike's I did the same thing, minus the name. I order personalized items. Kids lunch bags with their names, etc.

Tuna is a little different, but I'm not judging! I'm in my early 40's and put my name on my shoes, LOL!

Toni said...

I don't think my online purchases are that out of the ordinary really. I shop Half.com for books, DVD's and occasionally CDs. I have ordered t-shirts that I've designed myself from Spreadshirt.com. (Love that site!) Oh! I did order these really neat tattoo's that you put on your Kiddo and then write your phone number on them when you're in a crowded place. It says something like "If lost, please call:" Very cool.
That's basically it.

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I've ordered anything odd online. Gifts, pay bills, all the usual stuff. I live in a area that's pretty happening. Now I will say that I'll check out prices in shops and then look on line to see if I can get that item cheaper.

CiCi said...

A new rubber bath mat for the bathtub; a shelf for computer keyboard.

C. Beth said...

I'd tell you what I've bought on Amazon recently but instead I'm totally stealing...uh, borrowing...this idea for my blog post tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Toriz said...

Let's see, what have I brought online recently? Well...

Star Wars miniature figures
Monster figures
dice
Silly Putty
A watch
A drawing board
One of those pen drive things
A microwave cookery book

I've also done my food shopping online a couple of times, since sometimes it's just easier to have it come to you.

Grand Pooba said...

Haha! I love shopping on line. Probably because I love getting packages in the mail!

I've bought

Dog toys/treats
CDs
Books
Furminator
Bump its
some mop thingy

(I'm a sucker for infomercials)

mo.stoneskin said...

I can't believe you gave a pack of mints to someone as a gift. What kind of gift is that?

*crunch*

Still, I'm sure the recipient enjoyed them.

holly said...

everything i own i bought online. that makes for some pretty interesting things. for Christmas, my husband had a huge box shipped to me, and it was bags of popcorn. Not as exciting as it looked on the porch.

Crayotic Ramblings said...

I ordered a prosthetic leg, a mannequin head, and a 25 lb. box of Cupie dolls parts once... Imagine what they must have thought about THAT order...

Melissa B. said...

I'm turning the table on all you online shoppers. I'm selling my books on Amazon, now. I have to say it's a great way to clean out the basement and make a little spare change...

Anonymous said...

Aw, I feel so drab. I don't order funny things like that online. Just cell phone covers, screen guards, and books. I'm so lame, haha. I'm gonna have to spruce up my online shopping. ;p

2cats said...

Amazon and eBay are really bad places for me to even go browsing.
I have ordered from Amazon: A SS water bottle, books, DVDs, CDs, DVD player, down blanket.
eBay: books, DVDs, CDs, clothes, shoes, stop smoking aids,
Strangest purchase? Cough drops. cheaper online than in the sotre and no tax.