STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Adventures in Caroling

We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy new year
Aww, carolers! So sweet and happy, if not a little repetitive. I mean, my hearing's fine, I got the "merry Christmas part" the first time!
Good tidings we bring
To you and your kin
Good tidings for Christmas
And a happy new year
I have no idea what you're talking about and it's cold outside. Are you almost done? Not to be rude but I'd like to close the door now, before Tonya escapes.
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding
Oh, bring us a figgy pudding
And a cup of good cheer
Bring you some "piggy puddies?" Oh, "figgy pudding." Like that's any better. And, really? Didn't your mother ever teach you to say "please"? Plus, you came knocking at my door uninvited. What makes you think I have pudding of any sort? And "good cheer" doesn't come cheap these days. Also, you look underage. Do you have any id on you?
We won't go until we get some
We won't go until we get some
We won't go until we get some
So bring some out here
Kids these days! Now you're threatening me? I'm totally going to call the cops. Or your parents! You can't show up on my porch making demands and threats and making such a racket! Go away now!
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy new year!
Pretty sure Christmas came and went while you were out here babbling about pudding. Thanks for nothing. Hey, looks like my neighbor's home. I hear she makes a fantastic figgy pudding!

SLAM

11 comments:

Cate said...

hee hee, I love it! You gave me a great gift, a smile!

Peace,
Cat

Eternal Lizdom said...

Bwahahaha! We had some Girl Scouts come caroling one year but it was several years ago. I've always wanted to go caroling... and I promise not to sing We Wish You...

Anonymous said...

Very funny. I give them money to go away ..... bah humbug! ;)

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

LOL
I've never had carolers...and Peppy (the mound of round hound) would probably be trying his best to get out of the door and bite them on the ankles. Are you supposed to tip them, or just say Merry Christmas?
We don't even get trick-or-treaters when we are willing to give away candy. (believe me when I say I don't usually share my candy.)
~Margaret

Toni said...

lol Never looked at it that way before!

Do people still really come to the door caroling? Wow. I want someone to carol for me!

Anonymous said...

I say give them the figgy pudding. Lots of it. Eventually they will get the runs an they'll just stop carolling altogether.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! I literally laughed out loud and scared the cat... And I don't even have a cat!

The Single Chick said...

Love it.....I'm glad I'm not the only one who is questioning the logic behind some of the ways we spread cheer. This is just halloween revisited - knocking on strangers' doors and begging for food!

Love the blog! So much in fact, that I've given you a bit of an award for being one of the blogs I most like to visit! Check it out:

http://pentopages.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-first-blogger-to-blogger-award.html

blognut said...

You mean you didn't invite them in and make them hot cocoa and cookies?

I'm sure Tonya would've loved the company! :)

mo.stoneskin said...

I would have met them with a supersoaker and a spudgun.

2cats said...

I went caroling once as a kid. It went pretty much the way you described. Was that your house I went to?