STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, December 04, 2009

Not the Same At All!

Recently my boss, the Drama Llama, bought a new vehicle. Our conversation about it went something like this:
Drama Llama: I bought a new car this weekend. A Toyota, just like Joe's!
me: Wow, that's awesome!
Drama Llama: I can't wait to get it, it will have so much more room than my Mini Cooper.
me: You'll love it, for sure.
Drama Llama: Great timing too because (my woman) is moving next weekend and I can get get all of her furniture in there.
me: Wait, what?
Drama Llama: You know, her sofa, recliner, table, bed.
me: We fit a lot of stuff in the back but I think you may be overestimating...
Drama Llama: Nah, I'm sure I can fit all that in there. I already moved my treadmill last weekend.
me: In the back of a Prius?
Drama Llama: No, I got a Tacoma.
me: But you said it was just like Joe's.
Drama Llama: Yeah, it's a Toyota, just like Joe's!
me: That's not the same at all..
In fact, it's the direct opposite - hybrid tiny car versus big stupid wasteful extended cab truck for a single guy who 99% of the time has no use for anything more than a scooter. Except to haul around his big ego.

I'll admit - I find myself becoming irrationally angry when I see certain vehicles on the road. Big vehicles. Vehicles meant for military or farms or hauling things other than one person and their purse or briefcase. It's probably Joe's influence with that whole green thing.

All I know for certain is that my drama llama boss has given me one more reason to think he's a moron with no common sense. And I already had 485,382 reasons so really another was not necessary.

Sigh...

10 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow. That guy needs some help, for sure!

jabblog said...

We call them Chelsea Tractors because the Yummy Mummies who live in expensive exclusive housing use them to drive their children along narrow country lanes to school - or along the main roads - or the motorways. Big expensive gas-guzzling monstrosities - perish the thought the little darlings could use Shanks's Pony occasionally!

mo.stoneskin said...

To be fair, when you have a large ego to haul around then an environmentally-unfriendly beast of a thing is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I thought when petrol/gas prices in the UK rose to 1.20 pounds per litre that the gas guzzlers would go right out of fashion. Sadly there seem to be more than ever in the UK - usually driven by mothers driving their kids less than a mile to school.

Nessa said...

Gosh, do we have the same boss?

Flash 55 - Love

betty said...

always wanted a Prius but another car pyament is not in our budget any time soon; but that's one thing I would consider getting

betty

The Single Chick said...

Every time I see a Hummer on the road, I want to pop one of those self-inflating tires with a slingshot (a la Dennis the Menace).....waste of space, gas guzzling, eye sores.

Arrgghhh!

C. Beth said...

Ha ha! Great post.

blognut said...

Not really even similar, is it?

Lifeofkaylen said...

Ha funny - is he also dating/married to someone just like a supermodel? You know, just like her cause she's female like a supermodel? :)