STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sing me a song - or don't

Know who else shouldn't be allowed to sing Christmas songs?

Elvis.

Oh yeah, I totally went there. But Blue Christmas is one of my most despised Christmas "classics". I'll-ah have-ah a balooo (woo oo ooo) Charistmus with-ah-out you (woo ooo ooo). Barforama.

And just to finish getting this out of my system, I also would like to declare my dislike for Feliz Navidad and Mele Kalikimaka. Because I hate Puerto Rico and Hawaii. I wonder if I have something against small islands for some reason?

But on a more positive note, I love O Holy Night, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, We Need A Little Christmas, and Silver Bells. Thought I'd throw that out there in case you were beginning to think I'm completely devoid of holiday spirit.

Also, I like eggnog so if someone wants to bring on some of that holly jolly, I'm all for it!

Come back tomorrow for my 2nd Annual Christmas Card!!!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

But how do you REALLY feel? I thought you were onto something about the island theme, until I remembered that Elvis is from Memphis, unless of course you are thinking about his movie, Blue Hawaii from 1961. So maybe there is some island connection.

My faves are Do You Hear What I Hear?, Carol of the Bells, It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and probably the whole Barbara Streisand Christmas Album.

Merry, Merry your direction, Lisa

Matty said...

Elvis is my favorite male singer of all time. But of course, we all have our opinions.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard I am in tears... And were you hear I would probably be in tears from the beating I would get for you. I am listening to Elvis Christmas much as we blog!!! But wait - it's not just regular old Christmas Elvis - it's Christmas Elvis DUETS!!! They went back (last year, I think) and recut his music with crappy country duets - y'aint never heard a mess of hoes 'til you have heard Elvis and Cuntie Underpants wailing the hell out of "I'll be home for Christmas." It's tacky. It's trashy. And it's effin fabulous. I suddenly have the urge to paint velvet and eat peanut butter - all while sitting on the pot!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I actually adore Elvis. But like Matty said, there's no accounting for taste.

Jeanie said...

I don't hate any of them, but I love, love "We Need A Little Christmas". I wa a big "Auntie Mame" fan. Have a happy and musical Christmas!

Beth said...

Personally, I just don't love Christmas music. It is something to be tolerated.

I sound like a Scrooge - but I promise I'm not.

C. Beth said...

I'm afraid you have something wrong here. Egg nog is unquestionably disgusting.

Accidentally Me said...

I am actually ok with Blue Christmas, but "Here Comes Santa Claus" is bad enough that Elvis should have been banned from even speaking on Christmas Day.

How about "I want a hippopotomous for Christmas"? Totally love it!!!

Juniper Saltus said...

Dude. I'm in Hawaii.

Not Cool.

Anonymous said...

I have a great holiday song I discovered this year! I think you would enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1t90Bg9wAw

Margaret said...

How can you not like Elvis?????

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Well, now that you got that off your chest, you won't have a blue blue blue blue Christmas! Yeah, you deserve that because I'll be singing that song in my head for the next two hours.
You write the funniest blogs! Love it.