STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Don't know what you've got...

...til it's gone.

Remember when you were little and they forced you to take a naptime to get through the day? And you always resisted because you didn't need a nap when there were so many cool toys and people to play with that weren't at your house. Plus, you were a big kid now and naps are for babies!

Well, I take it all back. I want naptime reinstated immediately. Now I'm old and I see the value and I need it! Especially since sleeping through the night is so overrated.

I could do without the forced communal nap accommodations though. How weird would that be if we were ushered into a room at work every day at 2pm with all of our coworkers and told to sleep on the floor? Creeeeeeepy.

Who's with me? Maybe we can start a petition.

Also? Snacktime. I could get into that.

15 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

When my wife worked in a nursery they used to line the kiddies up on the floor and while gently placing a hand on their bellies, rock them gently to sleep.

Would you like someone to rock you?

MJenks said...

You know what? I'd totally go for that whole "communal nap thing" at this point, too.

Unknown said...

Milk, cookies, and then napping on the floor by your desk at work. I can get into that.

Juniper Saltus said...

Oh.My.God.

Where do I sign to get this thing going?

Annelie said...

If you want something, make sure you get it (isn't that one of the perks with being grown up vs. being a kid?). I nap every day. Seriously. I don't care what anyone says, I won't give it up.

Accidentally Me said...

Amen! I have been calling for more nap time for years!

You should think about getting yourself knocked up...or at least telling people that you are...it becomes totally acceptable to excuse yourself for a nap at almost any moment.

InspiredDreamer said...

Oh my goodness, you are so one of my favorite people. I just had to choke back a huge braying laugh when you made me think of being ushered down to have a nap with all my co-workers. I tell ya what though, I'm with you on the nap thing. I think we should have special nap rooms installed and everyone can sign up for a half hour. Wouldn't that be great? sigh...

betty said...

I'd sign that petition for sure! and definitely milk and cookies before naptime! but since I work at home, just sometimes, not saying how often or how long, I will sneak a nap in occasionally :)

betty

Eternal Lizdom said...

I would sooooo love to be cared for like a preschooler. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack. Playtime, crafts, dance and music, outdoor play, computer time. Naptime, book reading, playing in "work centers."

Yup. Would totally love to have my day structured like a preschoolers!

Annie said...

I want to have naps all days but is difficult (my girls have other plans for me),ha.

2cats said...

Kids just don't appreciate what they have going with the whole nap thing. I tried to explain it to my son when he was young. I think that is when he got the idea that his mom might be nuts. I might be nuts but I am not wrong about naps.

blognut said...

I'm totally behind you on this. Now where is my nap mat?

TMC said...

I'm totally in.

MarjnHomer said...

I could go for snack time and nap time too..bring on the sugar highs! my kids refuse nap times but if they dont get it i will get cranky with them...

Toni said...

That's funny. I logged into Facebook the other day and it told me that my cousin had "Become a fan of i totally take back all those times i didn't want to nap when i was younger."

:)