STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ahead

Yesterday I spent an hour or so with someone I don't spend enough time with - me. No Gwen, no tv, no laptop. Just me, bouncing around inside my brain with a pen and some paper.

I wanted to give some thought to 2010. Last year, I set what I felt were reasonable resolutions but life had other plans. I think I'm setting reasonable goals for this year but time will tell. Health-related, writing-related, etc. You'll hear me babble about it from time to time I'm sure.

2010. It seems like some kind of magical number. All "new decade" and even numbers (my favorite kind). I wonder what it will hold. I wonder how much of what it will hold fits in with my current hopes, what new dreams will spring forth, what speedbumps will be encountered along the way.

Somehow I think this is going to be a big year in a lot of ways.

P.S. I'm going to pimp 7 Days 7 Answers briefly. I like today's cue - Write a letter giving yourself instructions for the new year. I might even have to take a stab at it myself.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i like the freshness of "2010" as well.

as for goals...i'm not sure yet.

i just need to be effing left alone with my thoughts for an hour to sort them out.

love you,

andrea

Margaret said...

I am looking forward to the new year even though I hate even numbers!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I agree..big, big year.
~Margaret

2cats said...

I like even numbers also. They just make more sense.
Sounds like a big year ahead for you. I hope it is everything you want it to be.
I am afraid to say out loud or write down what I want 2010 is going to be.

betty said...

I hope it is a dynamic year for you Cate (and Joe and the kitties too :)

its a brand new decade and it sounds good too, 2010!!

Happy new year!

betty

C. Beth said...

Hoping it is indeed a big year for you, all in good ways. Happy New Year!