STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Seventeen Hours

In seventeen hours, you can:
  • fly from my home to Sydney, Australia
  • drive from my home to Tulsa, OK
  • do the wild thing (not counting warm-ups) 146 times
  • climb all 1576 stairs of the Empire State Building 106.7 times
  • ride "Small World" at Disney World 75.6 times
  • watch 11.2 regulation NHL games (not counting stoppages in play or tv timeouts)
  • run the NYC Marathon at fastest ever speed 6.7 times
  • watch Titanic 5.25 times
Or... You can take the Eternabus tour (thank you @dpringle) from San Franscisco to Yosemite National Park. During that seventeen hours you shall spend:
  • one hour waiting for the bus which shows up late to your hotel
  • one hour (30 minutes each way) at a grocery store for food and bathroom
  • thirteen hours on the rickety bus with no shocks
  • three hours in Yosemite National Park
Seriously. We knew it would be a long day but that's absolutely ridiculous. You can bet we aren't going to recommend the Total Yosemite Experience to anyone. And if we had it to do over again? Not so much.

P.S. Thank to Joe for helping out with this post. Because I suck at math, even when sober. Which I wasn't when I wrote this. And neither was he. But he's such a total dork that he can do math even when sloshed.

10 comments:

Housewife Savant said...

Here's to drunken calculations! Way to GO, Joe.
What fun.

Not so much the TYE though.
I really want to take a day trip, but Not. That. One.

Hmmm...what could I do in 17 hours?

Drahdrah said...

Live and learn... now you know ! Hopefully your week will be awesome to make up for this.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

What is this... wild thing... you speak of?

That bus trip sounds like torture. Complete torture! Lucky you didn't punch somebody in the face.

Grand Pooba said...

hmmm, the wild thing huh?

mo.stoneskin said...

In that amount of time I could send four million tiddlywinks into a cup.

Hmm, what a great idea.

Lifeofkaylen said...

Wow--that is a bad time! I try and make sure that any trip I take has less time involved travelling (roundtrip) then I will actually have at the location. It's so frustrating to take forever to get somewhere and just have a short time actually there!

TMC said...

oh dear. I'm sorry your experience of Yosemite was so crappy. Yosemite is a destination all in itself!

C. Beth said...

What a WASTE of time & money!

I was totally impressed with your mad research skillz as exhibited this post.

InspiredDreamer said...

You can also:

--Watch Ellen's HBO special 17 times
--Get from downtown Chicago to Wrigley Field and back about 35 times
--Play Scramble on Facebook 340 times
--Get 3 haircuts/highlights at my salon

At least you have an 'interesting' story to tell!

silver star said...

Next time you have 2 days to spare, come visit me in Tulsa, OK.