STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We arrived home from San Francisco late last night. It was after midnight before we made it back from the airport after a very long day of travel that involved an all-day headache for me. But we're safely home with all of our luggage (and wine!).

Seems I took 1063 photos while we were away. Joe only took 679 because he's not as cool as me his camera battery wimped out a few times. I'll be posting them all soon and expecting you to comment on each and every one. Totally kidding - I only expect you to comment on mine, not his.

I must say that I'm feeling quite happy that he was able to talk me into taking today off after arriving home so late. Bags are not unpacked (except the wine - had to make sure it arrived safely because our priorities are totally in order), fridge is empty, and I have some catching up to do.

Vacation was fantastic and I didn't really want to come home but now that I'm here, I'm glad to return to some sort of routine. Perhaps it will feel a bit fresher than before the trip. Let's hope, right?

11 comments:

Sassy Britches said...

(Everything is better with a little wine).

Here's to new beginnings!

Dave said...

Totally missed you.... but, you totally needed it... and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

Unknown said...

it is definitely a good refresher to have a little vacay every few months.

i hope the break will do you good, my friend.

but you maybe should buy some food to go with your wine 'cause you can't be drunk all the time;)

andy

Sarah said...

Andy's just saying what we're all thinking.

Grand Pooba said...

I hate the first day back after a vacation. My body is physically back but it takes my brain a few days.

betty said...

perhaps some cheese and crackers for the wine as you re-stock your fridge?

welcome back :)

I will enjoy seeing and commenting on all the photos; I love that part of California :)

betty

Drahdrah said...

Welcome home... glad you had a good trip. Enjoy the wine !

Quilly said...

Welcome home, Cate. Can't wait to see the phones and hear the tales!

Leah Rubin said...

Ah, tales of the city-- and pix! Did I tell you that I lived in SF in the '70s? Near Golden Gate Park, worked on the Presidio... Heaven on earth!

Can't wait to see the photos, and hear your stories!

soulbrush said...

i ook forward to the pics, and you sound much better not as stressed. love coming home again...xx

Ronnica said...

I'm glad you had a good vacation...hope that you'll enjoy getting back into the rhythm!