STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

A big travel day ahead! Today's itinerary involves flying from Barcelona back to London late this afternoon. Then, we'll have a few hours to spend in London this evening before catching an overnight train to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Two big firsts here - neither of us have ever gone on an overnight train before. We opted for a private cabin so we could at least have flat bunkbeds and privacy instead of being in a regular seated car with a bunch of strangers. And another first for me - Joe has been to Edinburgh before but I have not.

Most of what I know about Scotland comes from two sources - television/movies and my Scottish friend Chixor. She's actually moving from the States back to Scotland about a month after I visit. We have such poor timing. However, she was able to clue me in on some must-see attractions and yummy eats so we can optimize our short time for this very brief stop-over. We'll arrive in Edinburgh around 7am tomorrow (Thursday) morning and then take a train back to London Friday afternoon in order to catch our flight back home on Saturday morning.

By this point in the trip, I'm having a good time but also starting to feel quite ready to head home. I miss my kitties, I miss my bed, I miss the peace and quiet and ability to just be "off" instead of constantly on the go.

And if I had to guess? I'm also missing my blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a blast. Can't wait to see some pics. Enjoy your vacation.

Maude Lynn said...

Hope you're having fun!

blognut said...

Sounds like a great time!

mo.stoneskin said...

I thought most of what you knew about Scotland came from me. Ah well, I did try my best.

C. Beth said...

We're missing you too...but I'm so glad you're still on Twitter. :)

TMC said...

I love train travel. I've never got a private room, though.