STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, November 05, 2010

Presence of Mind

I am thankful for... the presence of mind to try to be thankful, even though it's a challenge right now.

I have a whole long post I want to write about this but today is not the day. I want to approach it on a more upbeat day so I can share the joy it's bringing on most days. But this has been a bad week. Work has sucked the life out of me, I'm behind on classwork, and I haven't been able to spend any time on a personal project that's very important to me.

But I'm thankful that even though there's a lot of negative going on right now, I'm at least trying not to let it get me down. I'm attempting not to focus on it, not to let it leave me unable to function. I'm still looking for the good, hoping for the best, and moving in the general direction of "forward". Even if I'm not moving as quickly as I'd like and whistling a happy tune.

7 comments:

Joanie said...

Hang in there!!!

Diane said...

Great attitude and things will turn around for you. I always am thankful for a new day and new beginnings. :O)

CiCi said...

Sometimes that is all you can do. Just keep plodding on and try to keep it light. Hugs.

Jeanie said...

Moving in the general direction of forward is pretty good. I hope things will look a little better soon.

C. Beth said...

Yeah! Definitely something to be thankful for!

Toriz said...

Awesome! :)

TMC said...

onward and upward!