STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, November 19, 2010

My Dearest Gwen

I'm thankful for... Gwen, my Blackberry.

Recently, I sent Joe a text that was supposed to say: highway bad both dirs. Gwen so helpfully corrected it to highway bad both firs.

Why am I thankful? Because Gwen is not a total skankwhore like iPhones. I've seen what their autocorrect does. Frankly, it's disgusting and juvenile and I laughed so hard I scared the cat I was NOT amused.

P.S. Also not amusing? When I wrote this post, last night, the Damn You Autocorrect site wasn't working. So, another fail.

7 comments:

Cap'n Salty said...

Hubby showed me that site the other day. I was, admittedly, laughing my fool head off.

I love my Crackberry! I should give mine a name.

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm, maybe I need to get me a Blackberry. I've been thinking about it, but I'm not very "hip".

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I am at work looking at that site, laughing my dang head off...my co-workers think I'm nuts.

Kimmy said...

OMG....I'm so glad I don't have an iphone. That is so hilarious!!! My phone is similar to the blackberry but I don't have the autocorrect turned on. Just annoying to me.

Have a great day!!! :D

Mim said...

I giggled and giggled. too funny!

FreeFlying said...

I want a blackberry. I have the Android hero and I might as well be typing blindfolded. I've started just thinking my response really hard. It seems more likely that they'll pick up on that than receive an accurate text.

Toriz said...

The other option is proof reading. Then you don't need to worry about auto correct working. Just a thought.