STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Six Word Saturday

Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does each week with their entries.

Shot for cat easier than pills

Yeah, Rusty's got this skin thing. More on that tomorrow or Monday. But yay for a doc that believes in shots instead of twice daily pills!

All that's necessary to participate is to post your own six words. You can post an explanation if you wish but it's certainly not required. If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!) but I'm not going to delete your entry or punch you in the face if you don't. Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.



Note: Please be careful to make sure you've linked to the right post. I've had a lot of links to non-Six Word Saturday blogs lately. Just trying to cut down on the confusion. Also, if you want to link directly to the 6WS post, that's super-helpful as well. Thanks!

26 comments:

Megan said...

Oh yeah, I bet! Trying to give pills to any animal, but cats especially, is the worst!! Glad you've got an awesome vet!!

Caroline said...

I have to agree it would be better. What a great Dr.
Caroline

Jim said...

My dogs will eat a pill hiding in a piece of hot dog in one FAST bite!
Happy 6WS! Thank you, Cate, for doing this still another time.
..

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A pill for a cat?
I would rather not do that—
just shoot me first, please!

Them’s Not Fightin’ Words, but Snowin’ Words!

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Seriously, I don't even know how a person would give a cat pills!

cat said...

Oh gosh yes, feeding pills to a cat is a nightmare.

Beth said...

I agree! Same for the dog!

Matty said...

Having been scratched trying to feed a pill to a cat, I agree.

monica said...

Animals don't like pills! Get well kitty cat!

tilden talks... said...

pill pockets!

Kat said...

My cats are masters of trickery when it comes to taking pills. I would give them a shot any day!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Oh, so glad there is an easier option. Making animals take pills is nearly impossible.

studio lolo said...

I've been a vet tech for 36 years and I also have a kitty with skin/allergy/obesity issues!!

I'm very well versed in all of this, so anytime you want to pop over and pick my brain, feel free :)

annies home said...

I so agree with the shot being easier than pills we had a dog that we had to give pills to did not make for easy time

Ebony said...

awww. i hope your cat gets better soon. :)

Sassy Britches said...

Heck, yeah! No pets here, but minimizing the hassle is ALWAYS a good thing! Hope Rusty is on the mend now.

Kimmy said...

UGH!!! I just realized that my SWS was from a couple weeks ago. RAR! If ther is a way to delete it on your end, could you...please!! lol

It's #27!!! Thanks if you can :o)

Killara girl said...

thank God for modern medicine....our dog is still young!

Melissa B. said...

I hope Rusty's feeling better soon. My 6 Words are late today.

Sorry!

C. Beth said...

Totally makes sense that a shot would be easier. Hooray for that doc!

Shirley said...

YAY for shots! Whatever we would hide the pills for our dog in, he would somehow eat around the pill, and that's all that would be left in the bowl It made me crazy, because I was the only one patient enough to sit there and get him to eat the dang things. Glad you found a vet with sense!

Donna B. said...

My comment and my 6 words in response to the cat pill comment is: "Pill pockets are the only way!"

As far as 6 words to describe my entire life...I would have to say, "Challenge, connections, adventures, pain, joy, creativity".

Dr.John said...

Get a dog. Much more fun.

Rochelle said...

Ain't that the truth - I've almost lost fingers trying to pop a pill in a cats mouth! Hope your kitty is OK now.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Yeah, always easier than trying to get a pill down a cat's throat!

Wow, I just can't believe the amount of people who don't have name/url enabled on their blogs. Without it I can't leave a comment on their posts.

Such a shame :(

silver star said...

So far I've been lucky, my cat has only needed 2 pills and the vet has given them to her both times. Now Frontline on the other hand...