STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Loose Ends

This is going to be one of those "here's a few random bits" kind of posts.

1. Regarding my Six Word Saturday entry, the kitty in question is Rusty. He has some kind of allergic or stress condition where he decides to chew all the fur off a part of his body. Then he obsessively licks at it until it's raw and won't grow back. He's like an emo little cutter. Joe took him to the vet on Friday and they gave him a steroid shot to make him big and strong stop the itching so it can heal.

2. Yesterday's coworker - I finally sent her an email with a couple of time options that were open and made her choose between them. Then I smashed my head into the desk repeatedly and wept for humanity.

3. I'm having a giveaway on Seven Days Seven Answers this week so check it out. And please play. I like to think it's fun (I'm a bit biased but whatever) and I'd love to see more responses.

4. Rumor has it I'm being featured in an interview over at Jenn's (You know... that Blog?) today.

10 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I had a hamster that did the whole gnaw/scratch/lick self-destroy thing. I blamed it on his music taste. Too much death metal.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I'm a "loose end"?

It's ok, I've been called worse. Recently! ;)

Unknown said...

My friend had a cat that did that as well. Sad ;(

Then I smashed my head into the desk repeatedly and wept for humanity. ~ SNORT!!!

Happy Monday ;)

blognut said...

Your blog at my first attempt at a comment!

I think I was saying that I plan to steal that line about co-workers; but I can't remember.

blognut said...

Or... "ate' not "at". Geez!

That's what I get for trying to do this from my phone.

Anonymous said...

I had a cat, Oona, that did that. First time she did, we had been away for the day and it scared me to bits. I thought something had come in an killed her. But no, she was just sitting there with a bald ass all "whassup" and like. But from there on out, she never stopped. Our house - and her - often looked like that vacuum cleaner commercial where the cat goes "floooph!" and hair explodes everywhere... Never did find out what was wrong with her, either. I suspected it was her mother, The Evil Diva on High Almighty Miss Punkin, whispering heavens only knows what in her ear and making her gank herself bald. She was her own Brazilian wax. Seriously.

Autumn said...

Lol, poor Rusty, can't wait to hear what Tonya thinks of all this!!

Love the coworker thing. I swear some people are just asking for a smacking in their responses. Someone asked me what my name was the other day I told them it was a season, it started with A. They guessed April. I said "no....that's a month...." they replied with "Oh! Hah! Ok then August!"
........
I just walked off. But I dont work with them either so...yeah....


You DO have an interview at Jenn's! I just read it and it was really well done! We agree on lots of stuff (which I already knew but it was cool to see confirmed again)

I hate the word verifications that only show up AFTER you hit 'publish your comment' those are the WORST!!!!

Will probably make it around to posting a blog about your give away tomorrow, but no promises! I'm being lazy apparently. Haha

Love ya girly,

~Autumn

Grand Pooba said...

My cat goes through little spats of licking his hair off his leg until it bleeds. Damn cat, doesn't he know that hurts?? He does it during stressful situations like when we leave on vacation. I hope Rusty lets it heal!

(Geez, I hope your head gets better!)

Lindy said...

It will all be okay - trust me. Poor Rusty, I hope the 'roids do the trick for him.

Autumn said...

Hey Cate, there's an award for you on my blog if you're interested :)