STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Full of Win (Take Two)

Originally my post about Tuesday was going to be titled "Full of Win". Until it kinda "Went to Hell". We'll give it another shot.

After a rough start, this week has been positive overall. I had a headache last night that put a bit of a damper on the husband's birthday celebration but we still had a nice dinner and spent some time curled up on the sofa watching the totally a-rawr-able Mark Valley a manly new action drama called "Human Target". It was Joe's pick and who am *I* to argue when it was his official birthday celebration night?


The Grandest Pooba I know gave me an award because she thinks this here is One Lovely Blog. I've SO got her fooled. Thanks!!!




And then this morning I awoke to find out I am the One-Minute Writing of the Week winner! Please, if you have any interest at all in writing, or even not, check out this blog by Beth. She does a really amazing job with it and her daily prompts are great. Even though we're meant to spend only sixty seconds on them, there are definitely days when her prompt stays with me for much longer than that. It's a great mix of silly and serious and much room for interpretation.

Also, I think my hair is full of win. Kate Gosselin wishes she had my hair. #BOOYAH

And finally, let's hope this weekend is full of win. We're in for an oddball snow and/or ice storm here in my undisclosed location that is not accustomed to such things falling from the sky. Just a few inches of snow can be enough to shut us down for days and the most conservative forecast I've seen says 5-7 inches (that's what she said!). "Full of win" in this situation would = snowed in all weekend with electricity and interwebz. I have a lot I could accomplish.

Hope the scale for your week tipped towards the positive!

11 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm not sure if I want it to snow or not yet. If it snowed I wouldn't have to run, but if it snows, I don't get to run....lol

As it is I'm putting my run off till later today because I'm so freakin tired (Beth totally has me addicted to the word 'freakin' now)

And it's COLD. I want to run when it's not 37 and windy. I can't wait till spring!!!

Today will be full of win no matter what the weather does!

(I'd totally sign this "~Autumn" like I normally do but some woman pointed out that her mother does this on Facebook and it's not like you can't tell who wrote the comment from the picture and name huh?) :P

C. Beth said...

Hooray great weeks! :)

And thanks for the shout-out. You deserved the win!

Grand Pooba said...

Dang, you ARE full of win! I want your hair too ok? Ok thanks.


(Wow, really the grandest? I am just honored!)

Love ya tons!

(just say hell no to snow)

TMC said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend. Congrats on your wins. :)

Nessa said...

Happy birthday to your Hubby and congratulations on your writing win.

Getting Reacquainted in 55

Brenda Susan said...

Congrats on all you wins! I love The One Minute Writer too! It is so inspiring, isn't it?

Rochelle said...

Hey Happy Birthday to your hubs (I'm an Aquarian too!) and congrats on the awards and having fabulous hair!

Kelly L said...

well done. Best to you and happy birthday to your husband.

Love,
Kelly

Cindy said...

I've gotta check out that one minute writing thing. Congrats on your win! Snow=bleh. Just too cold for me here. I do hope you get your snowed-in weekend wish. I can make myself 'snowed-in' even if it doesn't snow. Harharhar.

Is there a photo of the envy-worthy hairstyle out there somewhere? Did you see, Kate G. got something nuts like $1700 extensions then (allegedly) proclaimed to hate them?!

The Single Chick said...

Congrats on all the win-ness. Your blog is def. one of my favourite spaces to visit.....can't visit your hair, but I bet Kate Gossein is jealous at this very instant.

P.S. the "#BOOYAH" near the end of that post had me laughing for a bout 8 minutes....

blognut said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved wins!

And your hair? Is perfect.