STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ingredients For A Completely Broken Head

  • a yappy massage therapist
  • white wine for dinner
  • two quarreling cats
  • dreams of foreign language ATMs eating my credit cards
  • sun shining in windows because blinds are slanted wrong direction
  • church committee meeting that's all talk, no action, 100% frustration
  • dying battery in smoke detector: BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
  • burnt panini from Brueggers (okay, this has nothing to do with my head but it still pissed me off)

All of those add up to a very cranky Cate on Sunday afternoon. Especially when you figure in a list of things to do that's at least half a mile long. Followed by dinner plans with virtual strangers (to me - the guy is a HS classmate of Joe's).

Let's all be thankful that I have today off!

P.S. I wrote this post around 3pm yesterday afternoon. By the time we left for dinner, my headache was more reasonable. We had a fantastic dinner and Joe's friend and his wife were great company. It was a blast and I was sad to see the evening end.

15 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

It could have been worse. You could have been faced by two quarrelling massage therapists, one of which with a flat battery.

Adoption of Jane said...

Bummer! Hope your day off goes better!

Beth said...

Laughing at stoneskin! And glad you had a great evening!

Kathy said...

You need to chill out, Cate. I think you are over-stressed, but then aren't we all? Gotta' love those quarreling cats and beeping smoke detectors...I'm still dealing with Bobs the cat--who peed on the kitchen counter this week, by the way! I know--it's super gross!!! (she's developed this thing for peeing on plastic shopping bags) She's spending a LOT of time outside lately! One kitty and people therapist needed!!! Best wishes, Kathy

Autumn said...

Glad to hear the evening went better than expected! I hate it when the massage therapist can't shut up, and I don't know how to tell her to shut it either lol. I mean after all she's the one holding the timer and giving you the massage ya know?! Oh well. Also you should email Brueggers maybe you'll get a free sandwich out of it who knows?
Hope today is way better than yesterday!!

spiritsoflena said...

Good to hear you had a happy finish to the difficult day!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that the headache subsided a bit and you had some enjoyment yesterday.

... but, the yappy massage therapist ~ made me snort!!!
(one of my biggest pet peeves)

great post!!!

C. Beth said...

Yaaay--so glad it ended up good!

soulbrush said...

hate headaches more than anything in the whole world. my battery always feels flat these days. my six words for you are:
take it easy this week friend.

betty said...

glad dinner was better than anticipated and that you have an extra long weekend this week; hoping today is a good one

betty

Jeanie said...

Good to hear that what started out as a broken head day turned out okay. I'm always thankful for a day off...even though it can't totally make up for a crappy Sunday afternoon. I'm not so good for going to dinner with people I don't know....good for you that yours turned out good.

Joanie said...

My Monday was like that, only different annoying things. there's a bottle of wine with my name on in my cabinet. we going to get to know each other real well in a little while.

Matty said...

We all have days like that. Glad to hear it got better.

Melissa B. said...

Oh, Cate, don't be cranky! But do something about that smoke detector before you get a migraine, OK?

blognut said...

OMG! That smoke detector thing KILLS me!

It takes me forever to figure out what is that sound that is driving me crazy and I search for it endlessly before finally remembering that it's the friggin' smoke detector.

Oy!