STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Messy messy

Joe's better than me at pretty much everything. Including penmanship.

He had me endorse a couple of checks to deposit last week, one of my least favorite things to do because paper checks are stupid and also because he won't just let me sign my name. He wants me to sign my name and then FOR DEPOSIT ONLY and the account number. And since another skill he possesses that I do not is the ability to remember completely worthless important chains of numbers, I don't have account numbers memorized.

So anyways, I'm annoyed at endorsing all of these stupid little checks and they're becoming increasingly messy until the last one looks sort of like this:

(Note: this is a recreation)

I'm pretty sure that instead of "FOR DEPOSIT ONLY" this looks like "FOR DEPOSIT OMG". Sloppy penmanship or passive aggressive rebellion? You decide...

13 comments:

C. Beth said...

Oh it totally does look like OMG! I think you should add an "LOL" at the end, just for kicks.

Beth said...

OMG! And you reminded me of why my husband and I keep separate checking accounts.

Autumn said...

Haha it totally looks like OMG. I love it. If I was a teller I'd be like "Hah look, she hates these things too!!" and show my friends.
Here you go:
You're Welcome!

The Urban Cowboy said...

I'm with C. Beth, add LOL at the end!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

lol that did look like omg, didn't it? Made me laugh.
So, why does Joe insist on the "for deposit only" and why doesn't he invest in a little stamp that says "for deposit only?"
Not that I'm telling Joe what to do or anything. lol

Brenda Susan said...

That's why I love to type! My penmanship is never good, but even worse when someone is standing there waiting for my signature!

Linda said...

My husband has his own way of doing things and usually his ways are not my ways either. But he does all of the finances so I just go along with what he wants me to do. I love not having to do any of it, and I feel blessed that he takes care of us so well.

That did look like it said "omg" after for deposit! (:>)

Thanks for the giggle today.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Matty said...

My wife signs checks like that too, "for deposit only". I can remember our account numbers, so maybe it's a guy thing.

Missy | Literal Mom said...

My handwriting is so bad, it's embarassing!

Miss. C said...

It all cashes the same! lol!! I have the worldest worse writing!!! My 10 year old writes better then I do!!

2cats said...

Doesn't Joe know that if he is putting the checks in your JOINT account and he wants them to be deposit only, YOU don't have have to sign them. All he would have to do is write for deposit only on them.

blognut said...

For the love of God, Cate! How many times do I have to tell you people, (heh, I love saying you people), to check with your banker for all possible solutions.

I'll order you a stamp. Or, better yet, the teller can stamp it for you. "Credit to the account of the within named payee. All prior endorsements, or lack thereof, guaranteed."

Done. See what your blognut can do for you! :)

Unknown said...

It totally looks like OMG. That's funny. Totally should have added the LOL at the end!