STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Day at Work

Friday morning, I sent the following email to my committee at work:
All -
If you are receiving this email, it is because you have not yet scheduled a meeting time for next week. The following times are NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Please let me know by the end of today when you would like to meet.
Mon: 1-2
Tues: 9-10. 1-2, 2-3
Wed: 10-11
Thurs: 10-11, 1-2
I receive the following response:
I'll be there at 9 on Tuesday.
I respond anew:
The times on that list are already taken. Please choose a time that is NOT on the list.
Her new response?
Okay, how about 2pm Tuesday?
And you all want to know why I go home most nights with a headache?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the impression that it's too easy to send a quick text or email so no-one ever reads anything properly anymore. How frustrating :-O

betty said...

LOL! did she think before she responded?? did she read before she responded?? I can see your frustration for sure

hoping today is a good though for you and Joe :)

betty

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

LOL Was she blonde ??? LOL

Unknown said...

Okay, I shouldn't be laughing... but the stupidity of others never ceases to amaze me.

Give that person the time slot, but send them to a different room entirely... LOL

Cindy said...

There's just no cure for stupid. You either got it or you ain't. Don't. Something.

Very funny, anyway. I would have been laughing out loud.

spiritsoflena said...

That is funny! Did you just give up at that point?

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Yeah...I deal with that every week. Believe me I do.

Brenda Susan said...

I have run into the same problem at work, a chart with open slots seems to be better for the reading impaired, it's more visual. Ha! Good luck with your meetings!

C. Beth said...

Oh my gosh, this made me laugh out loud!

Sassy Britches said...

I wanted to poke my eyes out reading this. But, given the way my brain has been failing me lately, I can see ME as being that woman! Eeek!