STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Ranch Hand and the Yankee

People of Earth! (Hey, it's working for Conan, look how many people love him right now! Except maybe Leno. And NBC. But who are they anyways?)

Last night, on the way home from work, there was an accident that caused traffic to be diverted awkwardly through a parking lot. Inadvertently, I kinda cut off a guy in a truck a little bit. Which I would totally never do on purpose because I'm a very good driver. And I never have parking lot issues. I'm going to skip the part about how his truck had been off-roading, was covered in NASCAR and confederate flags. (Okay, that was a lie, I didn't skip it at all!)

The guy leaned his mullet-head out the window and yelled at me. What he said made me so angry that I shook the whole way home where I told the story to Joe and prepared for him to have some serious umbrage on my behalf.
me: So he flips me off and then yells out the window "you stupid bitch Yankee woman driver!"
Joe: Wait, how'd he know you were a Yankee?

P.S. Sorry about the hair.
P.P.S. Camembert! (Because SomeMonkey said to work that in somewhere)

8 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Were you wearing your Yankee hat?

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Being a fine southerner myself, I am appalled that he did that. He shouldn't have called you that "b" word! lolol
By the way....Nascar and mullets? You live in Kentucky??
~M

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That was probably the BEST response I have ever heard. Kudos to Joe!

The Wife O Riley said...

Do you have a bumper sticker that says "Union yes, Secession No!" ?

SomeMonkey said...

That was such a cheat.

Unknown said...

like a yankee FAN...as in the sports team?

yeah, i know. that's all i got.

i totally would've punched him in the face for flipping you off.

<3 andrea

2cats said...

You probably display the American flag and not the Confederate flag . That is how the mullet head knew.

C. Beth said...

I know it was not very nice, but it was VERY funny. Yay, Joe!