STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

I wanna fly away

I'm going to start making Sunday posts pretty short to give us both a break. Me from writing, you from reading my drivel. You're still on the hook for the other six days of the week though.

This weekend, I was supposed to be out of town. I was going to let Gwen send you all a nice picture of some leaves or a winery for the post today but instead we're back home a day early. The weather looked iffy and I guess we jumped the gun a bit and ditched our plans. We still had a nice couple of days and it was good to get out of town. We'll find some trouble to get into locally tomorrow. And eventually I'll get around to your Six Word Saturday posts.

Today's inspiration brought to you courtesy of the Washington Lottery.



I love penguins and that little guy's wings flapping? Everybody "awww". Birdies have dreams too, y'all.

11 comments:

jabblog said...

Absolutely 'awwww' - that is so delightful. I wonder if the penguin had ancient memories awakened of times when his ancestors could fly?

Matty said...

Hello Gwen, nice to meet you.

Glad you had a nice time. It's good to get away.

Now I want to hang glide.

Unknown said...

that totally made me all choke-y.

but i'd have to pay someone to take the non flying birds out paragliding because of the whole "death fear of heights" thing-y.

andy

Megan said...

So cute! Love it.

{guess I should've read this one first to see the weather didn't cooperate. lol Glad you're able to get out and have fun anyway. =) }

Unknown said...

Absolutely the cutest thing EVER!! I had to watch it twice.
The penquin flapping his wings... soooo adorable!!!

C. Beth said...

Aww! That is totally sweet.

Anonymous said...

How. Cute!

Melissa B. said...

Penguins are Da Bomb, in my humble opinion. Funny in an "awwwwwwww" sorta way!

blognut said...

Welcome back - you got here early and I got here late!

Lizze said...

I wanted to let you know that I have an award for you all you need to do is come to my blog and pick it up. :)

What said...

I also wanna fly away. I love how you can make the clouds stand out like there a big fluffy ball of cautine candy.