STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Handwriting Samples

I saw this over on fever, which is Lora's awesome blog. She says:
Supposedly you have the potential to tell a lot about a person if you can get a hold of a sample of her handwriting.
I've shared tiny bits of my handwriting before but this looked like fun AND it makes for an easy post. Plus, I'd love to see a sample of your handwriting.
The Rules:
write the following
1) Your name/blog name.
2) Right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous?
3) Favorite letters to write.
4) Least favorite letters to write.
5) Write “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
6) Write the following words in capital letters:
- CRAB
- HUMOR
- KALEIDOSCOPE
- PAJAMAS
- GAZILLION
7) Write your favorite song lyric.
8) Tag people!
9) Any special note or picture.



So, what do you think? Do I write like a doctor? A serial killer? A fourth grader? If you know anything about handwriting analysis, I'd love to hear what you think of mine. Also, let me know if you decide to play along - it's a neat peek into your lives that we don't often get to see.

13 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I think you write like a fourth grade serial killer who is planning to become a doctor.

*smirk*

Your writing is much better than my childlike scrawl.

TMC said...

I'll totally do this one if you'll help me turn my pdf into a jpeg. :)

Unknown said...

I will have to copy this idea as well at some point. How fun, even though I know nothing about handwriting analysis.

Kimmy said...

Oh, this looks like a fun post! I should do this too :O)

Isabella said...

Great idea! I love looking at people's handwriting...not that I know how to analyze it or anything, but I just find it interesting.

I already did the handwriting sample myself, but I have to wait until I can get to the scanner tonight. I'll let you know when I do. :)

Jeanie said...

I wrote a post a while back about whether you can tell anything about people from their signature. This takes it a little farther and looks like fun so I'm playing along. I like your writing, but I'm not smart enough to know what it tells about you.

Donnetta said...

Coming from a teacher's perspective - you write like a middle school girl! :)

Pamdog said...

Well. You're right handed but you do that back slanty thing that is more typical, I think, of left handed people. And. You write "punch in the face" and follow it with a heart. So I'm guessing you're kind of an exceptionally articulate and endearingly humorous bundle of contradictions. Not that I know anything about handwriting analysis. P

Anonymous said...

This will be my blog for tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

Want to see my handwriting? I know you do. http://www.thedayslikethis.com/2010/03/handwriting-samples.html

hwexpert said...

The backslant shows you feel strongly about your family and friends but do not want others to know how much. Some of the other features of your writing are a variety of e's indicating that you will listen to others ideas and viewpoints but not necessarily adopt them. Also if someone is going on and on and you lose interest you will go on with your own thoughts and tune them out. The printscript mix is an indication of maturity and quick thinking. Open a's and o's show you enjoy talking. However, you see advice as criticism and will go on the defensive. This is just a quick sample of what writing can show.

C. Beth said...

How fun! I may actually do this one.

Do you cross your 7s? I'd guess you might based on how you write your Fs.

Amanda said...

Oh I like this one...I have it almost ready to go (as in the post is started now I have to write). I'll let you know when I have it posted in case you are interested.