STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Cate Go Boom

I haven't posted an update recently on my running progress. Not that you asked. But I know you meant to - you've just had other things on your mind. It's alright, I'm very accustomed to being last on your list.

*sigh*

So if I had posted this update on Sunday or Monday, it would've gone something like this:
I ran week 5 day 1 of the c25k program and it went just swell! I ran with unicorns and butterflies and felt all dandy and fantabulous after! The world is such a lovely place - ooh, look, rainbows!

Instead, I'm writing this after w5d2, Monday night, so you get to read something more like this:

Joe said his knee was bothering him so he encouraged me to run on the lake path near work. I haven't done this in a very long time but it's fairly flat, well-traveled (lots of people in case of emergency), and a nice distance around.

So I drive over there, hit the button on my iPod, and it's all "yo, the battery is low, you can't be using your Nike+ chip to track your distance or time!" And I was all "yo, I'm so dedicated, I'm going to run WITHOUT the Nike+ chip and just listen to the podcast for my running vs walking cues."

I started off on my 5-minute walking warm-up, all proud of myself. Look at me, going on a run like a big girl! The voices in my head dude on the iPod said it was time to run. Like the dutiful soldier I am, I kicked it into running mode and found my rhythm. Run, run, run, oh look, a ducky on the lake!

And then, oh look, Cate on the ground in a pile of fail! This rollerblader came up on me from behind, on my left. His rather large dog, on a leash, came up on me from the right. This left the leash in the perfect position to collapse my knees and send me slamming into the pavement.

If this dog had been one of those nice little weinerdogs, I might've been okay. But since this dog malicious drooling pony was such a horrendous amount of mass, I took the tumble.

To his credit, the guy felt really bad about it. He was very polite for an inconsiderate jerkface with no regard to others on the trail. He offered to let me use his phone (which I didn't bother) and then accompanied me to my car.

And that is why I didn't finish day 2 of week 5 on the c25k program last night. Assuming I'm feeling okay, I'll give it another try at the gym tonight. Where there are no ponies.

10 comments:

Annelie said...

Poor Cate! Damn those pones!

Donnetta said...

So much for exercise being good for you! Perhaps it needs a warning label!

Annelie said...

Er... that would be damn those ponies. The pones should also be damned, but for another reason entirely.

C. Beth said...

Oh no, Cate! I wasn't on Twitter much today, so if you posted about this I missed it. That sounds painful! And so frustrating not to finish a run due to being tripped by a dog. I should know. I hope you're not too sore today.

mo.stoneskin said...

All these yos, you are exceptionally cool.

Toni said...

Oh no! I hope you're alright! My mind immediately went to the sig of crashing knee first into concrete. Doesn't sound fun at all! I hope you fell better.

Grand Pooba said...

No way! That's a scene straight out of the movies ya know. Poor Cate!

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing. I hope you're ok. Yeah, those ponies are menaces, and the people they walk aren't much better.

Unknown said...

while i totally feel your pain (as we are obviously fellow accidents waiting to happen)?

i did giggle at your post title "cate go boom".

fucking poetic.

i keep repeating it over and over.

sorry.

but i love you bunches <3!

also, i hope you got sympathy service by way of joe cooking you supper.

andrea

blognut said...

I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to laugh.


Honest.