STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Before Coffee

Like many other refrigerators in the world, ours sports a whiteboard on the front for quick notes and grocery items. Half the fun of the board is trying to figure out what we actually scribbled on it when the time comes to head to the store.

About a week ago, I stumbled downstairs on the way to work and found the following note:
LV 6:20
Say what?

For some reason my still-sleepy mind knew instantly that Joe must be making a joke or playing some sort of game. And of course LV 6:20 must mean Leviticus Chapter 6 Verse 20. I looked it up online:
Leviticus 6:20

This is the offering Aaron and his sons are to bring to the LORD on the day he is anointed: a tenth of an ephah of fine flour as a regular grain offering, half of it in the morning and half in the evening.
As I stood there scratching my head, thinking maybe we were out of bread or flour, Joe came in the front door from his run.
me (pointing to the whiteboard): Leviticus 6:20? Huh?
Joe: LEAVE 6:20. As in I left for my run at 6:20am.
me: Oh, yeah, I knew that.
I still say he was messing with me.

11 comments:

Cate said...

Yep, no funky notes before coffee for me either. Then again, I probably wouldn't have seen it 'before' coffee! :)

mo.stoneskin said...

2KNGS2:23-24.

Bwahaha.

Not that there is any relevance. But that is what I would write.

brandi said...

~to funny...there is an award waiting for you on my blog...feel free to swoop it up and share with us...i adore 6ws and always look forward to saturday morning...brightest blessings~

Anonymous said...

No see, I would have to go checking my flour cannistar to see if we were out of flour....just sayin.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cate! You make me feel sane - or at least in good company. Here a while back I had written MYSELF a note "Don't forget parmch!"

It took me weeks - weeks! - to figure it out. And I wrote it!!! It was not until I was making pasta that I figured out what parmch was...

Parmesan Cheese.

Anonymous said...

I totally say he was messin with you. We have a white board in our home too and my kids leave me cryptic messages. Half the fun is guessing what the heck they wrote!

Grand Pooba said...

Bahaha! I love how you're mind when straight to the "teasing" conclusion. I would have thought the same thing. Although there's no way in hell my husband would be writing scripture references on the board!

Leave 6:20? Yeah, I can see him writing that.

Rachel Cotterill said...

That sounds like quite a sensible mistake.

I shouldn't be allowed out before I've had my first coffee of the morning ;)

C. Beth said...

Ha ha ha--totally made me laugh out loud. Glad you didn't get to the point of Googling "ephah" to find out how much flour you needed to buy.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Heehee! Our white board is about 15 years old now, I'd say, and getting worn out. Can't find another one that I really like though... and the top of my otherwise bright white fridge has a blue tinge where the eraser sits all the time!

Reading my hubby's writing is always a crap shoot too - abominable penmanship and spelling that makes you cringe. I swear he misspells things on purpose, because he knows I'm a nazi about it.

Re: your comment on my blog post - I'm 99.9% sure Joe had the Lasik eye surgery, which involves very little in the way of pain and recovery issues. I, unfortunately, had to have the PRK and went through absolute hell this past couple of weeks, with the first 3-4 days being the absolute worst pain of my life (including childbirth, twice). He should count himself VERY lucky that he was able to have the Lasik!!

"SEE" you tomorrow, girlfriend!

Unknown said...

this just solidifies the belief i have that men speak a different language.

apparently it carries over to the written word also.

:)andrea