STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Monday

Dear Monday -

Let's be clear. You are going to behave yourself from here on out because we are NOT off to a good start.

So far this morning, I've snapped at Joe (sorry) because I was running late for work. Shifted lanes due to road construction almost resulted in a dude in a truck side-swiping me. I broke my shoe. And the absence-request system at work has decided to deny my request for a medical appointment tomorrow.

However, if the rest of the day runs smoothly, without attitude, without breakage, without the return of last night's headache, I will consider it all forgiven. Bonus points if my 4pm meeting goes in my favor.

Thanks for listening,

7 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I never give bonus points to Mondays. It goes against my principals.

C. Beth said...

I hope Monday responds well. It's a totally reasonable request.

Caty said...

I have to force myself to be nice to Mondays too!!

Unknown said...

Awww, my monday seems to be on a similar track.

Here's hoping the rest of your day is Perfect!! ;)

Grand Pooba said...

It's not too much to ask.

Monica Manning said...

OK. I know you don't want to hear this, but that made me laugh. Out loud. And I think I even snorted.

I really needed a laugh today, so thank you for that.

I'm a Monday Hater too. There could be a group for us. 'Hello, my name is Monica and I hate Mondays.' 'Hi Monica!'

Actually, everyone would probably respond with a mutter or a poorly disguised grunt since they're all there for the same thing. And we'd meet on Mondays, of course, cuz, what the heck, we're already in a bad mood.

Oh... I feel so much better. Thanks Cate! Big kisses... mwah!

Killara girl said...

monday's always a tough day even if its a good one. don't you wish you could just stay under the covers sometimes?