STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Be careful what you ask for

On Monday, I sent a "second notice" to my committee at work in order to remind them that I will be out after this week. They need to send me their requests by this Friday or they'll have to wait until I return.

This has brought on a deluge in my Inbox. Somehow, I've had more requests in two hours than I've had total for the last month. Now, I'm only going to be gone for 8 working days. This isn't a particularly busy time of year for us. So how can I possibly have MORE work in this amount of time than I had for the entire month of March combined?

No wonder I need a vacation.

So, yes, be careful what you ask for - you just might get it!

7 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Dammit you're off for eight days? Hold on, I'll just send you that stuff I wanted you to help me with.

Betty W said...

Shows me that you are person they can´t do without! :) Hope you enjoy those 8 days!

Nancy said...

It will be there when you get back. Everyone needs a breather now and then. Have fun!

SparkleFarkel said...

HERE, take your PICK. Heck, take them both. They're on me and you could definitely use them!

Donnetta said...

EIGHT days?! Ahhhh.....

Jeanie said...

Sometimes preparing for a vacation makes me wonder if it is worth it, but it always is.

C. Beth said...

NICE. Ugh, hope it's not too stressful tomorrow!