STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Wild Child

Tomorrow, at the butt-crack of dawn, my husband is leaving for San Francisco. I don't know if when he's coming back. Originally, Friday afternoon. But then his boss said to take the red-eye home Friday night. That costs exactly eleventy bajillion dollars at this point so I told him to convince the boss to pay for an extra hotel night and fly him home on Saturday. Late. Because I'm totally digging the alone time supportive like that.

Anyways, on Sunday, we went to CostCo to make our monthly sacrifice purchases. Joe kept reminding me to "buy something awesome" for while he's away. How sweet of him to give me permission.

As we're unpacking the car, I notice him scanning the goods.
Joe: What did you buy for while I'm gone?
me: This!
Joe: Really?
me: Uh huh.
Joe: You're never allowed to call me lame again.

So what did I buy?

Yeah, that's right, I bought frozen broccoli.

I'm so bad-ass.

P.S. If anyone knows the secret handshake for entrance into the "hot dudes" aisle at Costco, please email me immediately.

14 comments:

C. Beth said...

Well, they're organic. Surely he realizes the excitement inherent in that!

Intense Guy said...

LMAO!

Just wait til Joe puts "brocolli florets" together with "to remember me while I'm gone" together...

mo.stoneskin said...

"at the butt-crack of dawn"

Are you the owner of this phrase? Can I use it some day without having to pay you?

LarryG said...

lemon zest, lemon pepper and butter will get you in - at least the florets will be tasty!

Matty said...

You are now part of the "in" crowd.

Tina said...

I know the secret handshake, but I would have to kill you if I tell you. Then I wouldn't be able to read your blog anymore and would have too much spare time on my hands. With all this spare time, I may start a new hobby and then my hubby will be mad. So, you have to understand why I am keeping the secret.

TMC said...

You need to be stopped before you hurt somebody.

Unknown said...

i'm buying a new sex toy.

i think that qualifies as "totally awesome".

it won't get here until after the boyfriend arrives home.

but that is beside the point.

i think you need to branch out a little.

and not in a broccoli floret kind of branching.

andrea

2cats said...

Hollandaise sauce is the only thing you need with the broccoli.
I wasn't even aware that there was a secret handshake. Tells you how much in the know I am not.

blognut said...

He should totally be happy that you're eating broccoli while he's gone, 'cause you know it makes you fart and he won't have to deal with it.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Broccoli only gets you into the "gassy dude" aise. I know nothing of this "hot dude" section - but I'd like to.

Nessa said...

All the cool kids eat broccoli. My daughter didn't buy it either.

Tuesday's Tales in Two Hundred - Going In Circles

Tracie said...

Butt-crack of dawn is one of my favorite things to say.

Kristan said...

There's a hot dudes aisle at Costco?? Why did no one notify me of this?!