STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Unsupervised

Joe has left the building. I repeat, Joe has left the building...

Stay calm, don't panic, I am now running amok.

Unsupervised.

Out of control!!!

With my bag of frozen broccoli.

I was thinking, what do I do differently when Joe's not home? There really isn't much. I tend to simplify my meals because cooking for one is a nuisance. I talk more to the cats (which they find to be a nuisance. I sleep in the middle of the bed (if I'm in a bed-sleeping kinda place in my life, which I currently am not).

If he's gone over an entire weekend, I might do a little shopping or indulge in a massage. Maybe an extra trip to the gym or a meal in front of the television.

The biggest difference is probably the noise level. Joe is a lover of sound. I am a lover of silence. So while he has music on from practically the time he arrives home until the time he goes to bed, I tend to sit with my thoughts and be silent in the evenings.

So, farewell, Joe. Safe travels. He's looking forward to this conference and eagerly anticipating running in San Francisco so it's truly not mean for me to encourage him to go enjoy himself. And sometime this weekend, get your booty back home. Hopefully by then I'll be more rested and less cranky.

Yeah, and monkeys might fly out my butt.

15 comments:

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Enjoy the silence. Such a beautiful and underappreciated thing.

silver star said...

Ooh, monkeys!

C. Beth said...

Really, really hoping you can get rested up. I know it's been a rough week or two.

TMC said...

Sometimes a big empty bed and 2 snuggly kitties are just what a girl needs to get a good night's rest.

mo.stoneskin said...

You running amok with some frozen broccoli scares me a little.

Just a little.

Nessa said...

I like a weekend alone every now and then too.

Tuesday's Tales in Two Hundred - Going In Circles

Grand Pooba said...

Hey, when the monkeys fly out, make sure you take a picture for us k?

betty said...

don't go too crazy on us while Joe's gone; I loved the frozen broccoli from yesterday's post :) you are a wild woman!

safe travels to Joe; safe silence to you (I love silence too :)

betty

J Mac said...

enjoy some you time!

Matty said...

I'm like you. I prefer the quiet too, and the whole bed.

I think you're onto something with the broccoli.

Brenda Susan said...

Enjoy the alone time! I work along side my Hubs 24/7 so the times I can be alone are lovely! He doesn't get it at all. I totally understand the veggie thing too!
Enjoy your greens & silence!

2cats said...

Peace and quiet are so wonderful. Please remind me what they are like? My husband can't go anywhere so I never get to enjoy either of those sensations.
If you were really daring you could run through the house naked with scissors. WOW!

blognut said...

You're a WILD WOMAN!!!

Leah Rubin said...

Yes-- quiet: good! Now go crazy with that broccoli! Knock yourself out!

Margaret said...

You gotta take a picture if monkeys fly out your butt cause I wanna see it!