STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, November 27, 2009

26.2 Miles

We are currently in the great warm state of Florida. In addition to spending a few days with Joe's aunt, we're also here so he can run his first marathon on Sunday.

After months of training, early mornings, rainy afternoons, tired eyes and sore muscles... After completing 5ks, 10ks, half- marathons... After logging many miles, many pairs of shoes, and many loads of sweaty laundry...

All I can say is:

WHY?!?!?!? Isn't this why Al Gore invented cars? Why would you ever want to run that far?

I mean. All I can say is: I'm very proud of his dedication. I may have no desire to run that far. Ever. Three to five miles would be enough for me. But Joe's great at setting goals and accomplishing them. And he's doing something that not a lot of people will ever do.

So yes, I'm proud of him.

And I also think he's kinda nuts.

6 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

I think running is overrated and sitting on the couch eating fatty snacks is underrated.

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Made a post and then saw he isn't running until Sunday, so that answered my original question! LOL

Hope you are enjoying the weather here. I'm in west central FL...where are you guys visiting?

betty said...

goooo Joe!!! awesome!!! hoping the weather is good for him on Sunday and not too muggy, humid, warm, etc!!

can't wait to hear how good he did!!

betty

InspiredDreamer said...

Wow, I'm always impressed by people who like to run, and very very confused by them. But it's the same as how we need scientists and mathmeticians in the world so that I don't have to do science or math. So good luck running, Joe, and I'll enjoy my Sunday nap. :)

Jazzbumpa said...

Well, this is off topic, and will not bring as much joy as a green lollipop.

Try seeing a chiropractor for the headaches. Seriously. Basically a life-changing experience for me.

Good luck, and

Cheers!
JzB