STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Inside

Yesterday was a very melancholy day for me. I'm not sure I would quite classify it as sad but maybe more reflective.

Perhaps it's the time of year. Holidays in general make us think of years gone by, how things were, those no longer with us. Holidays also have a way of magnifying the way we wish things could be, the short-comings in relationships, the things that are missing, the dreams that haven't happened.

Especially with Thanksgiving, I think the focus is supposed to be on gratitude for what it is that we have. Not the what-ifs. Not the could-have-beens. Not the if-onlys. But the here and now. Maybe with a nod to the future.

So fair warning - this seems to be the place my head is in lately. It's not necessarily a dark and depressing place, but it's also not all-funny all-the-time. Posts for the next week may tend to be a bit introspective or theoretical or thoughtful. I just can't seem to write anything else at this time. But, well, it's my blog. And you're always welcome to come with me, whatever I'm doing and wherever I'm going. You're also excused from the trip if you so prefer.

I just gotta let me be me.

14 comments:

TMC said...

ho hum.

the change in weather always affects me negatively. my psychiatric nurse (YES, I have one) suggested getting a super expensive light box. Nice idea. Then she gave me a 2nd Rx for $4 a month. Which do you think I'll choose?

Leah Rubin said...

I'm stickin' with you, kiddo. Sometimes it's good to be introspective, so que sera, sera! It's all gonna be okay!

blognut said...

Be you, Cate. I get it.

Anonymous said...

Introspective, theoretical and thoughtful posts are some of my favorite to read. I am ALL for you being you, whether you feel like saying something funny or serious. It IS your blog. :)

betty said...

I look forward to reading them

betty

Nessa said...

Feel free to be you.

Flash 55 - Favors

Margaret said...

You can write whatever you want I am going to still keep reading! No worries about me going anywhere.

Lindy said...

I totally (and I do mean totally) get where you are coming from. Not sleeping at night leads to all kinds of problems, low level energy during the day, weight gain, etc. You, dear Cate, are not alone. Hang in there and keep writing cuz I love to read your posts.

Matty said...

It's that time of year. And your blog. Roll with it.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Introspection can be a good thing. It's not always uplifting, but if we don't look around sometimes, we miss stuff.

Ronnica said...

That's my mood lately as well. I don't think it's holiday related, but that could be part of it. This past week was likely the most emotional of my week thus far (though I imagine others will be more emotional!).

Lisa said...

Princess Andy keeps saying Cate is a must visit and I finally made it. I even joined Six Word Saturday. I remember 20 years ago that my family was intact and happy. But dysfunction finally reared its ugly head. No more Thanksgivings with 20 people laughing and joking and story-telling...now its fragmented. Still joy in our small group but I will always remember the Thanksgivings of my youth. Thanks for sharing

Tina said...

I'm in the same place lately. I always get this way during the holidays. Continue being you. That's why I keep coming back.

C. Beth said...

Just saw this. No problem. :)