STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Should auld 2008 be forgot?

And now, the obligatory "2008 in Review" post. Because I am a sheeple. Tomorrow, I shall sheeple my way through the obligatory "Resolutions for 2009 That I won't End Up Keeping" post. I'm sure you'll want to skip my blog for the day make a note not to miss it.

However, in order to be an over-achiever an obnoxious PITA a bit different from the other "year in review" posts, I shall attempt to do this in Haiku.

*clearing throat*

Survived little sis
birthing the first grandbaby
healthy gorgeous boy.

Also survived my
family's disappointment:
no baby plans here.

Stressful visit home.
Anxiety attack hell
for five crazy days.

SisterFriend had son.
Off to mommyland she goes?
Nope, still snarky bitch! (silent yay!)

Both cats had scurvy.
So many trips to the vet,
glad he takes Visa!

Joe's new job owns soul
They work him too many hours
He deserves a break.

Anxiety rules.
Time to take action on it.
My therapist sucked.

Lexapro saves me
but not without paying price.
Twenty extra pounds.

I started this blog.
It has brought me so much joy.
In part due to you.

Overall, not bad.
Highs and lows seem to balance.
Ready to move on.

Lame but I tried. Tomorrow, Shakespearean sonnets!!! (No, not so much.)

P.S.: Beth posted about choosing your one word for 2009. Check it out - it's an interesting idea. Interesting enough that I may have to break down and give it a separate entry sometime over the next few days.

8 comments:

angi_b72 said...

lol...i am with you on the Lexapro and weight gain....it sucks!!

Call Me Cate said...

Angie - totally sucks but after seeing things deteriorate so badly for me this past year, I'd rather battle the bulge than the anxiety. I'm really hoping to win that war this year.

Anonymous said...

I'm on lexapro too-works wonders for me.

Call Me Cate said...

Yaya - wow, so many of us on Lexapro. I had such reservations at first but other than making me a fatty, it's been amazing.

Anonymous said...

Cats had scurvy, LOLOL! Glad to see my hoo-ha rated a haiku. Don't tell it or it will expect one every day. Hope your 09 is better than your 08!

Call Me Cate said...

Ahh, there's SisterSnarky now. After certain other friends left me after childbirth, I'm superglad you're still around.

The Wife O Riley said...

Nice Haikus!! The force is strong with you!

Have a wonderful and Haiku filled 2009.

PS. I gained 10 on Lexapro but it was worth it to feel better.

Call Me Cate said...

Wife O Riley - Another Lexapro. I wonder if we're all somehow drawn to each other. Or it could be the haikus... Happy New Year!