STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

I've tried hard to be a good girl this year. By no means did I succeed 100% of the time but I have made a very conscious effort. Also, I haven't kicked a single puppy so I'm pretty sure that's an improvement over last year already (I kid, please don't send letters)! Anyways, most of my requests are not for me so I hope you will at least consider granting them.

First, I wish for peace of mind for all of those people fighting to make ends meet. Times are tough right now and I hope 2009 will be better for us all whether the struggles be financial or other stress. I also pray for the safety and return of our troops. Not only for those serving but for the welfare of their amazing families who give so much.

I request happiness and joy to all who have shared them with me this year, both on the internetz (including my new bloggy friends) and offline.

For my grandmother, I also request some happiness. She's lived a long time and given a lot of love. To see her so lonely and bitter in her last days makes me sad.

For my sister and her family, I seek enlightenment. Their situation doesn't need to be what it is. And that beautiful baby is in the middle of it all. He will be the one that suffers and it breaks my heart to see them struggle needlessly.

For my wonderful husband, Joe, I request a month-long vacation to a destination of his choosing. My only stipulation is that while he has a great thirst for adventure that should be satisfied, he also needs to spend some time really relaxing. He works hard, both in his job and in being married to me and he needs some downtime.

And if it's not too much to ask (I've asked for a lot already), I'd like to add a request for peace of mind for me. I've worked hard on some of my issues this year and I'd like to continue making progress next year. Less anxiety and more contentment would serve me well.

Thanks Santa. I know you have a lot on your plate and appreciate whatever you're able to do.

5 comments:

Annelie said...

I love the letter to Santa!
Happy Christmas Cate! I've really enjoyed reading your blog these last few weeks! I hope your wishes come true & that next year brings health, happiness, and continued progress.

angi_b72 said...

Love your letter!! Have a very Merry Christmas~

Call Me Cate said...

A - It's odd because I thought I was really enjoying my new blog. And then a few folks started reading and commenting and now I'm *really* enjoying the experience. Merriests of Christmases to you. :)

Angie - Very Merry Christmas to you as well. I can't believe it's almost here!

Lyndsay said...

Cate - Merry Christmas! Love the letter and I hope all the wishes it contains come true.

I had to laugh at your response to loving your blog. I LOVED my blog and once I started getting regular readers, I loved it even more! There are very few blogs that I really anticipate reading eery day and yours is one!

Call Me Cate said...

Lyndsay - your blog is definitely one that brings a smile to my face just seeing there's been an update. Even before I read it, I know it's going to be awesome. Of course, now I feel more pressure to step it up, which is kinda awesome. :)