STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Festivus!

Today's the day you've been waiting for! No, not Christmas. Festivus!

I considered taking part in the traditional Airing of Grievances and Feats of Strength but decided instead to just make donations to the Human Fund in honor of all my new bloggy friends

Speaking of my bloggy friends, I've been slow figuring out this whole award thing. But I want to thank The Wife of Riley and Angie at Making Memories (very belated thank you, oops) for this one:
The award states: "This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I'm cheating and gifting the award to everyone that reads this. Because you've all made me feel so welcome and I'm truly enjoying blogging for the first time ever.

Now, to put the finishing touches on my letter to Santa for tomorrow night.

10 comments:

angi_b72 said...

lol....have a merry christmas

Lyndsay said...

LOL, I swear, I thought I was the ONLY person making gifts to the human fund this year. If I don't get my act together and FINISH shopping, that might be what I have to do!

Call Me Cate said...

Angie - you have a Merry Christmas as well. I can't believe it's almost here.

Lyndsay - STILL not done shopping? Eek! I'm waiting on just one more package to arrive from Amazon and then I can wrap. Gifts to the Human Fund make great stocking stuffers!

Annelie said...

Maybe a donation to The Human Fund is what I will give to my Swedish family members this year. At least I won't have to ship anything...

Call Me Cate said...

A. - I'm totally against paying for shipping. Plus, donations to the Human Fund require no packaging and are kind to the environment!

The Wife O Riley said...

I have pulled my Festivus pole out of the crawl space and it stands in the corner. No decorations. Mr. Costanza's right, tinsel is distracting.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Call Me Cate said...

Wife of Riley (which I always read as "Wife O'Riley", technically not wrong I suppose) - I'm awful about shiny stuff distracting me. As much as I love it, Mr. Constanza was probably right to do away with it.

Yaya - Hi!!!

E. Sloane Cannon said...

I am new to blogging too and love it! I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Call Me Cate said...

Thanks for stopping by! I checked out your blog and will be back for more!