STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Monday Morning Smile

This may make me a bad person. Or not. But when it comes to Monday mornings, I'll take my happy where I can get it, thankyouverymuch.

Six months or so ago, the people next door moved out and rented their house to... a family? A bunch of friends? I don't know, we can't really figure it out. We do know that the one child is handicapped so they installed a ramp up to the front door. Also, they drive one of those huge child molester vans with the chair lift. This is only really relevant because they a) have 50 cars (or maybe 5) and b) like to park their big van in the street, kinda under our pear tree.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've come home to find limbs from our pear tree torn off and in the middle of the road. Or busted partially off and hanging from the tree. Corresponding scratches on the neighbor's van? Oh, you know there are.

This morning, I backed out of my driveway, carefully looking both left and right behind me so I don't back over any runners, small children, or rogue dogs. And as I looked left, I saw their mailbox, clearly backed into, twisted and smashed and barely hanging on to the post where it normally lives. All of which is even more attention-grabbing when I tell you that for some reason they painted the mailbox post a most brilliant lime yellow-green awhile back.

Clearly someone over there needs to learn how to drive that thing.

10 comments:

C. Beth said...

Ha ha ha! Do you think they painted the post lime green to make sure other drivers saw it and didn't run into it?

Miss. C said...

Maybe you should put caution tape on your tree!!! lol!! Those vans scare me!!!

Jeanie said...

Back when I drove a van many years ago I used the Braille method of backing up, but I promise I'm not the one that hit that mail box. I'm glad you got a Monday morning smile.

Unknown said...

this is why i like not having neighbors closer than 5 acres away.(is that grammatically correct?) i'm too tired to care, sorry.

i hate people near my shit and within range of damaging said shit.

this is why i don't have mANY irl friends i suppose;)

<3 andrea

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Maybe another neighbor who didn't like the color smashed the mailbox.

Don't be gettin' any ideas.

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Thanks for the laugh!! Maybe you can put Police Tape around your pear tree and draw a body outline where they would park their van!! lol

CiCi said...

Maybe you need to wrap the pear tree in orange caution tape. It might the next victim. Not just some of its branches.

Toriz said...

LOL! Serves them right for beating up your pear tree!

Caty said...

haha...wow. I think they need a special license for that!

Rochelle said...

Well - I guess it's a good thing that it wasn't your mailbox ... yet!