STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Monday, August 09, 2010

The Honeymoon is Over

Recently, Joe and I celebrated our anniversary. Twelve whole years of marriage. That makes me feel really old until I remember I was a child bride.

So how did we celebrate such a big anniversary? I spent the morning doing classwork. Then I showered and got all pretty so I could leave and go have lunch with an online friend (our first "for realz" meeting, more on that in another post). When I came home, Joe was nowhere to be found. Where had he gone? Out to pick up some awesome anniversary surprise for me? Nope. He was hunting for a replacement cat toy for Tonya since Rusty destroyed hers (more on THAT in another post as well). How romantic!

Joe was unsuccessful at finding a replacement kitty toy for Tonya but he did bring me flowers and a card. Then we went out for dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant before settling in with a few episodes of Arrested Development. Maybe the honeymoon is over but I'd say married life is just fine.

Happy Anniversary, Joe!

12 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

Sounds good to me! Happy anniversary to you both :)

Betty W said...

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate. Happy Anniversary! And many more!

Rebecca Jo said...

20 years!!!! Wow! That's impressive! Congrats!

Everyday Goddess said...

happy anniversary! cheers to many more!

Caty said...

sounds sweet! happy Anniversary :)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! Your story could have been a page out of my own marriage...minus the cat toys.

C. Beth said...

Congratulations! That actually sounds like a really nice anniversary.

At first I thought it said he'd gone shopping for a replacement cat.

Toriz said...

Sounds about how my hubby and I celebrate... Bearing in mind we've only been married 7 years.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Can't go wrong, EVER, celebrating with Mexican food! Yummers.

Happy Anniversary!

Brenda Susan said...

Sounds nice. Happy Anniversary! Marriage is a great thing and it does kind of have it's ebs and flows. Seasons of Honeymoon come back again and again. Will be celebrating our 33rd in a few months! Yikes!

Rochelle said...

Sounds like a good time to me - Mexican food YUM! :) Happy Anniversary!

Kathy said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. May you have many more :)