STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Six Word Saturday

Describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing. I love seeing what everyone does each week with their entries.

happiness needs to come from within

Each week (probably on Sunday or Monday), I use random.org to select a bunch of entries to visit. That way, everyone has equal chance. In addition, please visit the person ahead of you on the list (or visit everyone if you like!). That way everyone receives at least one visit!

All that's necessary to participate is to post your own six words. You can post an explanation if you wish but it's certainly not required. If you play along in your blog, please add a link to the Mr. Linky. I appreciate a link back (shiny code below if you like!). Otherwise, you're welcome to leave your six words in this post as a comment.

Please be sure to link either to your main page or (preferably) directly to the 6WS post. Links to blogs that do not contain a 6WS entry will be removed (sorry, just the button in the sidebar doesn't count as participating).



24 comments:

Jane in AUSTRALIA said...

that 6 word statement is true. and then some...

JoyACookin' said...

Ah, the pursuit of happiness. It can come from so many sources. Access to good food produces health, a tangible kind of organic happiness. And speaking up and being heard supports a happy, healthy citizenry.

BE PROUD, AMERICANS, BECAUSE ACTIVISM WORKS! The Child Nutrition Act passed just before the Senate adjourned for the summer. We should all be happy as junk foods are removed from public schools.

SparkleFarkel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SparkleFarkel said...

"happiness needs to come from within"

So true. With that being said, I will give myself this permission: "It is okay not to like your mother."

There, now I'm tutti-fruiti happy, inside and out! LOL! Man, I wish I'd granted myself that years ago... LOL!

Best Saturday wishes, SF~~~~~*

soulbrush said...

now ain't that the truth, see my post today- it is very similar. hugs to you and happiness abounding

Jeanie said...

Today's six words are very wise.

CiCi said...

Six words when put together in a sentence are great advice.

Anonymous said...

Happy to be playing along again this week! I think I am hooked! - G

Betty W said...

Very true 6 words! Just so hard to live by.

Rochelle said...

So true - now if I could only do it! xoxo
R

soulbrush said...

I recommend this book - i have odered it too.'Wherever You Go, There You Are' by Jon Cabat Zinn who first created this method of mindfulness therapy. also e mail me and i will sne dyou two very good meditations and easy to do to try: jossross@yahoo.com
one thing i learnt on thrusday night at the course : THOUGHTS ARE NOT FACTS Isn't that wonderful cate? my new mantra...will help you wherever I can

soulbrush said...

sorry about the typo mistakes.

C. Beth said...

And I hope you're happy today. :)

tilden talks... said...

today - my happiness comes from the repair shop!

Lora said...

so, so true
:)

Becster said...

Having so much fun today, I just had to incorporate it into my six words!

Intense Guy said...

EVERYONE NEEDS A FEW NICE SUNFLOWERS

Jazzbumpa said...

True - but a nice life helps.

Cheers!
JzB

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

You are SO on-target. A speaker at our synagogue was talking about this today - about viewing life's challenges and tackling them constructively. Hand two different people the same challenges and one will come out miserable and the other genuinely happy, because it is all about attitude...
Thanks for another reminder!

Caroline said...

So very true !!

Caroline

silver star said...

It only took me 23 1/2 hours to come up with my 6 words, lol.

Megan said...

Words to live by! =)

Riemas Journey said...

"Took a much needed nap today"

Sharon Cohen said...

I thought I linked in before running Saturday errands but when I returned my link was gone. If you deleted it, please let me know if I've done something wrong. Thanks.

I think this is a wonderful writing exercise. I've competed in the Two Sentence Story but to describe your life in six words is quite a challenge!