STARTING 4/8/17: Six Word Saturday is now being hosted by the lovely Debbie at Travel With Intent.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quality vs Quantity

Hopefully...

Folks, I'm burned out. I don't know if that's as painfully obvious to any of you as it is to me, but it's the truth.

I'm more and more losing my time and inspiration for much of anything creative. I thought if I kept pushing myself to post every day, it would keep me open to being attacked inspired but it's just not working out that way.

So, I'm giving me permission and just letting you all know that I'm going to be posting 2-3 times a week (plus 6WS) instead of posting every day like I have been. Don't think I've disappeared or run off with the circus because I miss a day. I'm probably just busy with my classes. Or huddling under my desk, humming "Love Shack" and gnawing on my thumb.

Thanks.

14 comments:

C. Beth said...

I think you can be disciplined without it being a DAILY discipline. And I also think that sanity is way more important than discipline, especially when we're talking about something so totally optional like a blog. I'm glad you're giving yourself permission NOT to post daily!

Jeanie said...

You might find a lot of inspiration if you did run off with the circus.

I don't know how anyone posts everyday.

Unknown said...

Well, it is about time!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

.....sounds normal to me....
Posting every day would be too much responsibility. I'd need a big ol' can of inclination, and you can't buy that in a store.

Betty W said...

I noticed. Good for you! It´s like your title says...Quality is better than Quantity.

Joanie said...

Don't feel bad and there's certainly no need to apologize! I can't possibly post every day!

betty said...

good for you Cate!! I think its a great schedule to do only a few posts a week. Blogging is a lot of work (I'm serious); coming up with content, writing, visiting other blogs, etc. Found it tedious a few weeks ago so I'm (sort of) on a break until the joy of it comes back. But I would only put up a post a few times a week too.

take care of yourself!

betty

uthostage said...

Do whatever you need to take care of yourself. It's all good. :)

holly said...

doing anything every day is daunting. that's why i want to quit working altogether.

SparkleFarkel said...

Good thinking, Cate. Blogging's no fun if it's holding you hostage.

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you at all for setting our expectations. Of course, you're making me look bad because I bail out on my readers all the time and never explain. Hmph, one MORE thing for me to work on. I suck.

I am here be way of Lemons to Lemonade and saw that you were a fellow SITStah so, nice to "meet" you.

silver star said...

You have more important things to focus on than blogging every day. Use those few extra minutes to cuddle w/Joe, Rusty, or if your feeling dangerous, Tonya. We'll miss you, but we understand completely. =)

Toriz said...

As long as you don't disappear completely, then that's OK. :)

Caty said...

You have to take care of yourself and do what's best for you. Being burned out is no fun!